Contest #1: Winners!

The One Sentence Story contest is closed and now the winners are being announced plus mentions for people who didn't get placings but had great sentences. I'll be sharing the winners name, why they got the placing they did and I'll share their sentence.

All the entries were amazing and it was incredibly hard to judge but without further ado here are the winners!

***DRUM ROLL PLEASE***

1st Place: @GreenEyedGirll

2nd Place: @Rainbow_Ink

3rd Place: @fangirl_cheerleader

Honourable Mentions: @Giraffe2Queen @oneofusifonly

Reasons & Sentences

1st - @GreenEyedGirl: I chose this as first because it was just indescribable. The words all flowed together and the punctuation was all correct. The words were incredibly deep and descriptive and the sentence had a sense of mystery that made me wish it was a full story. It met all the criteria and extended beyond what I asked. The length was perfect, not to short and not to long. I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT! Well done to @GreenEyedGirll for getting 1st place you did really well. Thanks for entering! :) (PM me so we can follow up on rewarding you with the prizes.)

Here is @GreenEyedGirll sentence: The most beautiful girl he'd ever seen, and he'd seen her shining eyes in the sparkling stars, he saw her fair cheek in the pale silver moon and her black hair in a ravens wing; he loved his beloved with a burning passion, but he cannot love what he cannot touch, and he cannot live without loving her, so he took himself to drown in the depths of her blue eyes and cut his wrist on the sharp edges of her heart so that they could live well as love side by side for all of eternity.

Thanks GreenEyedGirll this is great thanks for your entry and congratulations!

2nd - @Rainbow_Ink: This was a difficult choice between 1st and 2nd but this is what I ended up choosing. I chose this as second because it was amazing. The words flowed together and the story had a lot of emotion in action in just a sentence although it was quite long. The words were deep and the sentence fit the criteria, with more! Outstanding!

Here is @Rainbow_Ink sentence: I will never be thankful enough that Jason had always insisted I bring an extra dagger; I would always protests that I would forget about it, not use it, but now I can avenge him; I reach behind me, squeezing my arm between the cold wall and my back, scrabbling desperately at the only tool I have, as my passionately hated nemesis stalks slowly, cockily towards me, enjoying every last moment of my desperate fear, without him knowing of the firm grip I now possess over the daggers handle and he proceeds to crouch in front of me, close enough that I can hear him speak meaningless things; meaningless for I will never hear them and they will never matter as I bring the dagger smoothly out of its sheath and decisively drive the long shining blade in his chest; he splutters and I force the dagger deeper, backing my strength with my love and mourning for Jason, the hatred I possess for this sick man who destroyed my life from the beginning and I watch him die, keeling to the side to lie next to me in the ever spreading pool of scarlet, shock painted on his face with empty eyes, while I rise and shriek my pain and victory to the heavens!

Thanks Rainbow_Ink this is great thanks for your entry and congratulations!

3rd - @fangirl_cheerleader: I chose this as 3rd because its awesome. The words fit together nicely and like Rainbow_Ink it had a lot of intensity and emotion in such a short space. Amazing!

Here is fangirl_cheerleader sentence: I wake up in a room that I do not recognise and water is pouring in from holes in the walls so hurry to clog them with any items I find, newspapers, books, doorstops and any other items I find, knowing if I don't eliminate the leaks, I will drown and I can't die, not today, not on the day that my life is beginning to take a turn for the better, I can't die, I can't.

Thanks fangirl_cheerleader this is great thanks for your entry and congratulations!

Also honourable mentions go to @oneofusifonly and @Giraffe2Queen because they had amazing entries but did not make the top 3.

The other entries were awesome too but of course only a few can win. Good luck for next time! :)

------------------------

Well that's pretty much it. Well done to the winners and everyone else who entered. This competition was hard to judge and I want to thank everyone for entering. This was a great turn out for the first contest and I'm so thankful. (Could the top 3 PM me to follow up on dishing out prizes.)

Well done once again and thank you!

The next contest will be up soon so stick around. If you have a suggestion for a contest feel free to tell me

:)

~Contests