Contest #40

So, this week, we're doing something different.

We're writing a story – together – and it's going to be great.

How this is going to work:

If you want to participate, you should message me or make a comment on this chapter and say, "Give me a number!!!" or something along those lines.

The number I give you will be the order in which the story is told, when it's done.

With this number, I'll give you some basic guidelines and rules for your chapter of the story.

When you're done, you can let me know and we'll add your part to the relevant reading list for everybody.

The overall story concept is going to be an adventure, taken on by a couple of die-hard questers who want to collect an epic weapon from a dark knight.

This is a fantasy story at its core, but your contribution can be any genre.

An example of how this works is as such:

You: "Give me a number, please, oh Great Lord TimberWoolf."

Me: "Your number is 3. On the road to the town of 'Silver Swords' the main character, 'Vicarious Grey' is developing suspicions about some of her companions. She believes that perhaps one of them is not as benign as they appear to be. One character can die."

You: "Thank you, oh gracious Ruler. Here is my contribution to this epic adventure."

Some Basics of the Story:

The Main Character:

Vicarious Grey is the party's healer. She worships the god of light and justice, who goes by many names, but most commonly Asha or Druj. Vicarious is still unexperienced in the healing arts, but her sharp intellect and incredible instinct guide her in her travels.

The Companions:

Hershell Odinus – the reckless and life-loving adrenaline junkie mage who flings fireballs at birds when he's bored.

Tarin Towers – the conservative and polite sword captain, who prefers talking things out before drawing weapons.

Ever Underhill – a skeletal scholar who really doesn't care what happens – as long as he can write about it later.

Ndawapeka – a glory-seeking songstress who loves to entertain and is seeking inspiration on the road to victory.

The Villain:

The Dark Night – a mysterious figure atop an evil tower who wages wars on the lands below.

Notes on Writing:

Character appearances don't really matter. You can make them look any way you want.

Preface your entry with the 'This is my Entry for Weekly Wattpad Contests #40' and then the prompt I gave you, 'Number 4 - Whatever my prompt is' and, if you have a wildcard, that too.

Judgement criteria is how well you work with the prompt, and the interesting things you bring to it.

Every entrant gets a 'wildcard' contribution to the story that could affect the world or the story. You can message me privately with your wildcard once you've submitted your entry. An example of a wildcard could be 'Ndawapeka and Ever Underhill sneak away from the party' or 'An enemy becomes a friend for a little while.'

There isn't really a word requirement or limit, as every chapter or prompt might need more or less words. But try to keep it a focus-able length. I have severe ADHD.

I'll add Entries to a reading list on my profile in the order that they appear in the narrative, so if you want to do some reading, you can find it there.

Final notes from TimberWoolf:

I hope this contest is exciting and encourages a community interaction, discussions and everything that's good like that. I'll try to participate again this week.

As an additional reward, the winner will be invited to write the resolution to the story, and the runner up can write the aftermath. What do you think of that?

Finally – if there are any concerns or comments, I'll post a chapter as the first book on the reading list documenting what has happened so far, any amendments to the story, and things of that nature.

Thank you and haveeeeeeeeeeeeee fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! 

Due date is on Sunday the 31st of March.

VERY IMPORTANT: HOW TO ENTER A VALID ENTRY

In order to ensure that your submission for this week's chapter of Weekly Wattpad Contests is valid, please follow the steps below:

(1) Write your entry and make sure that it meet the guidelines or requirements for the contest.

(2) Publish it in a book under your Wattpad account. It can be a book dedicated to your entries, a chapter in one of your existing books or just a book with that single entry.

(3) Add "This is my entry for Weekly Wattpad Contest #40" before you write your entry. Make sure Contests is tagged and the contest #number is correct. Note that this does not have to be the title of your published chapter or work, simply just a text input before the introduction of your contest entry as an additional safety measure.

(4) Comment in the comment section of this chapter and state where your entry was published in your profile and the title of it book it is in.

(5) Share the love by voting, commenting and encouraging friends and fellow competitors!

What does the winner get?

Apart from the fact that as a writer you can brag about winning a freaking Weekly Wattpad Contest, the winner will also get a follow from as well as a shoutout in the next chapter, in addition to that, a detailed review as to why your entry was successful will also be published and if you have any works of your own, that will also be read and commented on.