Contest #36 Results

Contest Results: Slices of Life

Results:

First Place: First Flame -  hazelgracewaters

It's so simple. So incredibly simple. And I love it absolutely. While reading it, I wanted to know so much more about the world in which this story takes place. It seems very interesting and intricate.

What struck me most about this was the main character, and how such her relationship with one of her students was a tired one, but the ending was especially potent. A very simple decision seems to have taken place, but the complexities behind, the very complex idea of grace and care and ...

Words cannot express.

It was so well written, the concept is so good, and the topic is so simple and so sweet.

This is a definite must read.

Additionally, a special shoutout to @hazelgracewaters for supporting all the other entries. It seems to me that she' an ambassador (I'm not really sure what she's representing or what it means), but I've noticed her comments on the other entries and I think it's absolutely sweet.

Second Place: Closing Time - Astrid_Krumholtz

This is also such a sweet story about a very simple relationship. It shows characters just living their lives, and it's a beautiful concept.

To me it seems like a story about friendship, the toil of life and the beauty of experiencing it. There is no plot.

We simply learn about humans existing in a world that has other ideas, and that's the idea behind Slice of Life Stories.

Congratulations.

Third Place: Pre-Upload - DemonicDevotee

There's so much happening beyond the scope of this story, and that's very important when it gets to Slice of Life Stories. There is a whole world, an entire history and very interesting relationship pre-existing, that isn't the plot of the story.

These are just two guys, leading their lives, and it makes you wonder what their story is.

I liked it very much.

Honourable Mention: Can't Fail - 

This is story exemplifies exceptional world-building without elaborating on it. It raises the important concept of struggle, and it highlights the intricacies of parental relationships. This deserves a honourable mention.

Final Notes

These reviews aren't as detailed as last week's, but I don't want to spoil anything for anybody. All the entries were very interesting, and 4verybody should be proud.

You're all displaying a repertoire of technical skills that you should be very pleased about in general. I am.

If you've missed this contest, then be sure to check out the new one up now!