[abittipsy]

There were some days when you thought that the universe must be infatuated with Hyunjin just as much as you were, and today was one of those days.

You watched as a stream of crystal water shot through the hose, raining down on the foam-covered car and revealing the brilliant blue sheen of its body. Naturally, your gaze fell back on the source of the action, Hwang Hyunjin, in all his summer glory.

Sunlight was melting into his skin like rich honey, haloing him as though he were a celestial entity beyond your mortal comprehension. The heat had prompted him to roll up the already short sleeves of his t-shirt, baring arms sculpted by years of swimming practice. The scarce breeze greeted him when he faced the sky, tousling his hair ever so gently. It was as if the elements banded to express their unbounded affection for him on that slow morning.

"All done!" Hyunjin called over to the client enjoying a cup of lemonade by the makeshift stand. Shortly after, he was stuffing a few crumpled bills into his back pocket and running up to where you sat as the newly washed car drove away.

"Hey, how's Econ looking like?"

Right. Economics. The long-forgotten notes in your lap seemed to lurch to life and laugh at your embarrassment for being caught staring. The noise that escaped your lips was lost between a cough and a snort. You turned away, avoiding his earnest eyes, "Fine."

"Huh. You've been on the same page for the past forty-five minutes. Are you sure?" he pointed at your notes, brows furrowing slightly in concern.

The air seemed to bristle around you with heat. "Well..."

"I could help!" he offered, though he didn't leave much room for protest as he grabbed your notes and flumped on the faded asphalt. Much to your horror.

"Get a chair at least!"

"Eh, I'll end up getting up anyway." he dismissed your alarmed remark, brushing his hair back as his eyes ran over your messily scripted notes. "Alright, let's see..."

Having finished his finals before you, Hyunjin was helping around his family's garage while you were stuck revising for the upcoming week. It was his idea to have you study outside—something about a change of scenery and a breath of fresh air.

Though, it felt like you couldn't take a single little breath because of the sight of him, let alone study properly.

Sitting there, entrapped in a spell of focus, Hyunjin captured your heart all over again. The slight pout of his lips, the hair that stubbornly fell over his eyes; he was an impossible kind of perfection that you wouldn't mind contemplating for hours, days, and the rest of your life. If he'd let you. If he'd have you.

For a fleeting moment, you dared to imagine what it would feel like to rake your fingers through his hair. And, as if reading your thoughts, he did it for you, pushing the dark strands back again, oblivious to the clamor that erupted in your mind.

What the hell, Hyunjin.

"Have you ever thought about tying your hair back?"

"Hmm?" he looked up at you, seeming dazed, and your thoughts seemed to stumble over one another in turn. How could someone be so unintentionally endearing while simultaneously and singlehandedly tipping your world upside down with his mere presence?

Is he doing this on purpose?!

You placed your elbows on your knees and leaned closer, perching your chin on your palm as a silly grin stretched your lips. "Your hair. Have you considered tying it? You keep brushing it back like some actor in a music video. It's annoying."

Hyunjin laughed at that, reaching to tuck his hair back again before he caught himself. Reciprocating your teasing tone, he raised an eyebrow at you, "Do you have a hair tie to lend, then?"

You shrugged, leaning back and gazing at the blank-faced sky. "Maybe we should go on a shopping trip after I finish finals," a pause, and you looked back at him, mischief twinkling in your eyes, "I'm thinking the brashest green ribbons. What do you think?"

Another soft laugh, and he waved your notes in the air. "I'm thinking you pass Econ first. You can put all the hideous ribbons you want in my hair then."

Drunk on the sun and the warmth coursing through your body, you thought that perhaps the universe was instead conspiring against your besotted heart by placing Hyunjin in your life. So carelessly perfect, yet so stupidly oblivious.