[crescendo]

The characters speaking through the screen were mere background noises, you were more interested in playing with your boyfriend's fingers. Chan was giving you his shoulder to lean on as you hugged his arm, supposedly watching the movie. In your defense, you'd watched the movie before, you were only re-watching it for Chan.

You threaded your fingers through his, admiring the way your hands molded together perfectly before removing yours. You smiled at the promise ring encircling his ring finger, gently twiddling with it. You found it endearing, and it never failed to make your heart flutter. You didn't notice Chan's gaze moving from the screen to land on you as you played with his hand. You didn't catch the way his eyes softened at the sight. It was such a little act, but it made him fall in love with you all over again.

He intertwined your fingers, surely, and brought his attention back to the movie. Although he doubted he'd be able to focus on it anymore.

A smile graced your lips at his actions, and you melted into him, pressing a chaste kiss to the closest thing you could reach. His shoulder.

Chan looked at you in a mixture of fake betrayal and judgement. "My lips are right here, and you decide to kiss my shoulder instead?!"

You giggled at his silly comment, ignoring the movie and bringing your face closer to his. "Come here, you goof."

"