[baby i think i like you]

Chan's eyes fluttered open when you whispered his name in urgency, shaking his shoulder. "Wake up!"

"What is it?"

"It's the turtles!"

The second the words fell from your lips, he sprung up, tousled hair and mismatched clothing, and stumbled out of the tent, making you chuckle as you followed him.

Sunlight was shyly reaching for the night sky when you stood side by side, watching little turtles make their way to the mysterious ocean with your breaths held. It was tranquil. Beautiful. You didn't dare to move an inch in fear of disturbing the fragile creatures in their brave endeavor.

Your heart swelled at the sight and you clutched your friend's arm in mute excitement. You've been wishing to see a hatching for so long, you couldn't quite believe you were witnessing it!

"Look at them, they're so cute!" You gushed, to which Chan mused, "They sure are."

He made the mistake of turning his attention to you, and he found himself unable to look away.

Sure, your hair wasn't the neatest and your clothes weren't the most flattering either, but you looked perfect and there was Chan's heart, dancing with an emotion he's been trying to suppress for a while.

You were so captivated, so wonderstruck by the phenomenon in front of you, and it only made him fall in love all over again. Moments like this made him realize that the small space he considered his world revolved around you. The sun, and he was merely orbiting around you in awe of your grace and light. You were the center of every galaxy in his sky, each blossom in his meadow of love.

But he could only admire you, silently, until the day he gathers enough courage to utter those three words. I like you.

An understatement, for the most appropriate expression could not be described by language, but it would do. One day, he'd be as brave as those little turtles. One day, he'd let the wave take him into your embrace. One day...

 One day