[longer than forever]

There was something so alluring about that deep shade of red Hyunjin seemed to incorporate in his attire. Mysterious and elegant, it spoke of him and him only. It drew you in from the moment you first met the nobleman's son, an odd encounter at a celebratory dinner. He was an enticing flame, and you were a moth foolishly flying into the fire.

Yet, you weren't sorry. Intoxicated, maybe you were, but you would fly into the flame that was Hyunjin every given time. Blindly, heedlessly, because you know that he'll be on the other side to receive you with open arms. No matter how big your fall was.

That blood-red hue soon became a symbol of comfort for you, unlike the gentle purples and blues commonly used. It's because when you cried under the nonchalant gaze of the moon, it was Hyunjin's shoulder you buried your face in. When you wanted to run away and escape the castle's judgmental eyes, it was Hyunjin you came back to. Because the rarity of joyous memories became ordinary with him. Because the hands you loved to hold were ringed with those familiar rubies. That color was in every fiber of his being, and in every moment you spent with him. Pulsing with that strange charm, even now, as Hyunjin led you out of the ballroom with excited steps.

"Where are we going?" You asked, trying to keep up with him in the heavy, pearl infused layers of your dress.

"You'll see, my love," he smiled, looking back at you through the intricately embellished mask covering half of his face.

Hyunjin held your hand gently as you stood in a balcony overlooking the festive town below. You could hear the distant music, carried by the wind to where you stood, leaving behind the jolly lights and bright colors. You stood in silence, relishing the peace of each other's presence.

The ballroom was suffocating, with all those rapacious eyes and filthy mouths, ready to tattle on every little thing you do. Your extravagant mask didn't help ease the tension that straightened your back and stiffened your expressions. You could finally breathe.

Hyunjin sighed next to you, and you saw his hands reach for the ribbons securing his mask in place.

"You're not allowed to take your mask off during a masquerade," you tutted jokingly, and he shrugged, his face now exposed, "I've gotten quite tired of it, haven't you?"

"Here, let me help you out." His eyes glinted in mischief as he nimbly unraveled the tie at the back of your head. You could see his endearing smile clearly, now that the mask was in your hands rather than on your face.

"There, I can see your lovely face better."

"Hyunjin!" You swatted his hand away, flustered at his words as you felt your cheeks suffuse with heat. He only laughed, eyes crinkling delicately but never diverting from you.

You looked away, puffing your cheeks out in a weak attempt to tone down the jitters crawling across your spine. You often wondered when will Hyunjin stop having that effect on you, but the answer seemed to be farther than your reach.

You didn't notice his attentive gaze, trailing over every feature, angle, curve of you. There it was, that stampede of emotions, that rush of utter love bursting from his heart and to the very tips of his fingers. To Hyunjin, you were a blessing, a miracle, and more often than not, he found himself star-struck at the concept of your being.

One thing was for sure, he wanted those moments with you to last beyond eternity.

"I have something for you," Hyunjin said and you faced him curiously. You watched as he reached for something inside his suit jacket, pulling out a small velvet box and kneeling before you. "My love..."

The deepest shade of red reminded you of Hyunjin. A color so passionate and fierce, just like the love you had for him.

 A color so passionate and fierce, just like the love you had for him