[I say forever / ii]

At first, you assumed he was sick or busy, and you ignored the way your heart ached. A few days became weeks, and Seungmin was nowhere to be found. Your design for him lied in your sketchbook idly, just like you in your lonely shop.

Your silly heart continued to ache as you tried to focus on your work, which proved useless because you were missing Seungmin, as much as you hated to admit. Where was he? Why did he just disappear? You wished you could tell your heart to stop crying as if it lost something. For all you knew, Seungmin might've had important rich-people-affairs to deal with before the ball. Who were you to tell?

And you wished your heart didn't flip and spin when you saw Seungmin's guard enter the store, only for it to wilt in disappointment when you realized he was alone. He was there to pick up Seungmin's outfit, as he stated, and you didn't find the courage to ask him about your friend. Smiling tightly, you gave him the carefully wrapped outfit, one you've poured all your heart in making. Just for him.

When the guard left, you slumped on your chair like a rag doll. The disappointment filling your heart was turning into gaping emptiness, a void that rapidly spread through your chest. Skies, you missed him a lot.

What was happening to you? You ignored the answer, loud and clear in your mind.

The coronation arrived sooner than you expected, and you were making your way towards the castle amongst many other excited citizens. You wouldn't describe your state as excited, for as much as you wanted to see the new king and share the kingdom's happiness, you couldn't stop wondering about Seungmin. Why did he disappear wordlessly like that? Did your friendship mean nothing to him? Were you nothing to him?

Somewhere within the folds of your heart, you were angry at him. If he thought, for a second there, that he could just use your kindness and leave like that then he couldn't have been more mistaken. Being a member of the higher class doesn't give him the right to treat you that way, not when you've saved his life!

Great, now you wanted to hug the life out of him and slap him. Way to go, heart.

The coronation went well, you supposed. You could barely see or hear anything, courtesy of the huge, loud crowd that stood in front of you. The ball might be a better place for you to see the new ruler, perhaps even find Seungmin. He did say he'll attend the ball after all.

You entered with hundreds of people dressed in colorful gowns and fine suits into a magnificent hall. Twinkling chandeliers hung from the ceiling and servants moved around, carrying trays of delicacies and drinks. The merriment in the air soon invaded your senses, and you found yourself indulging in conversations with people you've never met before.

You danced, laughed, ate, and just for a short while, you forgot about Seungmin. You didn't bother looking for him or trying to steal a glance at the new king. You've worked on your dress for months and you weren't going to let anyone or anything ruin the night for you. Not even Seungmin, that charming idiot.

That was until your table emptied as your companions decided to join the next dance. It was a slow, calm song as the orchestra announced. Many couples took the floor, and you sat in your table by yourself, giving them your back as you swirled the drink in your glass.

"Excuse me."

You thanked the stars for somehow saving your dress when you jumped in your seat, startled by the new voice.

Not very new, though, you realized.

You snapped around, not believing your ears. Yet there he was. The outfit you'd made with care and precision fitted on his perfect figure, the warm smile you'd yearned for painting his lips, and most notably, a heavy, precious crown resting on his head. It was as if life was being pumped back into your soul at the sight of him, yet you felt dizzy and breathless.

Seungmin — the Seungmin you breathed life into, the Seungmin you teased and joked around with, the Seungmin who visited your shop every day, the Seungmin you'd missed so much — was not just the prince he tried to make you believe he was, he was much more.

You were at a loss for words, and his eyes only seemed to crinkle more in endearment. "May I have this dance, my lady?" 

 "May I have this dance, my lady?"