[hotter than the sun]

"Come on," Hyunjin whined, swinging your arm as he gave you his best pout. He's been asking you to join him in the water for a while now. You, however, were content with staying on the dry, sandy shore and watching your boyfriend play in the water by himself.

"Please? Just this once."

"Fine," you sighed, giving in to his puppy eyes. "You're lucky you're cute."

Hyunjin grinned, silently cheering for himself as he held your hand and tried containing himself from running into the water with you. The sun was high in the sky, glaring down on you from its throne in the blue. You immersed a foot in the water timidly, unwinding with the refreshing temperature.

You walked in the water, hand in hand as the sea gradually crept up your calves. You watched your feet in the water, wiggling them in the sand with a little smile on your face. A few more steps and the water was almost touching your hips. It was calming. Standing there, staring at your intertwined hands, feeling the sun caress your skin, relaxing in the cool water. You could've stayed in that position for long.

"Hey," Hyunjin tugged at your hand and you turned to face him, taking in the unreadable expression on his face. Wordlessly, he captured your lips with his, plunging the both of you into the water.

You yelped against his lips, the cold splash of water taking you by surprise. He broke away from you, pulling you above the surface with him and you gasped for air.

Blinking in shock, you tried to shake the water from your hair as you stared at the boy in front of you in disbelief, "Hyunjin you—!"

You stopped.

He was looking at you, so fondly with a dumb, lovestruck smile painted on his lips. The sun was making you glow, creating a little halo around you. You looked like an angel, despite your soaked clothes and damp hair. Hyunjin pulled you closer, a breath separating your faces as he gazed at you. You stood there, in the water, lost in each other's eyes. Absorbed into each other's presence. And you couldn't find the words you'd intended to say to him.

You could feel your heart pumping with life, ready to jump out of your constrictive ribcage and into the wide, generous sea of his love, as if it hadn't done that a thousand times before. Hyunjin's voice was raw, full of vibrant, loud emotions as he brought a hand up to your cheek, whispering as if it was only for you to hear, "god, I love you so much."

"