[I'm your fan]

If there was one constant thing in Hyunjin's hectic life, it would be you cheering from the bleachers with the brightest smile. You were always there, waving a banner with his name and jumping in excitement whenever he scored.

Hyunjin remembers the day he met you. He was a scrawny, clumsy second-grader who tried to throw a ball through the basket unsuccessfully. A group of boys mocked his efforts, and you appeared then, with ribbons in your hair and a frown upon your face. You told them to leave him alone or else you'd report them to the supervisor, and they walked away with grumbles of annoyance.

"I'm y/n," you'd introduced yourself with a grin. "Don't mind them, I think you're doing great."

He brushed his hair out of his eyes, mirroring your smile, "Thank you. My name is Hyunjin."

Your friendship only grew from there.

When he joined the school's basketball team in middle school, you were proudly his first fan. You attended every match, and Hyunjin found strength in your presence. He could find you whenever his eyes trailed over the crowd, and the enthusiastic wave you'd give him was enough to restore his energy.

After graduation, he joined an official team to pursue a career in the sport. You were there, checking up on him and making sure he wasn't overworking himself. It made him feel guilty, but whenever he'd tell you that it was okay and you didn't need to fuss over him that much, you'd just giggle and brush it off, "It's fine, Jinnie. I'm your fan, remember?"

You made his heart run a hundred miles.

Now, as the sharp sound of the whistle resonated throughout the court, Hyunjin felt chills crawl all over his body. The crowd erupted into cheers and his teammates ran to him, tackling him into a celebratory hug.

A breathless laugh left his lips and he felt slightly dizzy, as if everything around him was surreal. His gaze scanned the audience to find you as he always did. There you were, and somehow, the mere sight of you made him happier.

He detached himself from the rest and you left your seat to rush into his arms. Giddy laughs and a lively blush, the world seemed to quiet down, and he could only see you. He could only hear you.

You looked at him with a sparkle in your eyes and that smile he never got tired of. "You did so well! I'm so proud of you!"

Bringing his forehead to touch yours with a gentle smile, Hyunjin realized he has never been more grateful.