[you're gonna miss me when I'm gone]

"Two bottles, please."

The bells at the door jingled as another customer entered the store, standing behind you in the queue. The old lady that ran the store turned to face you, placing two bottles on the counter with a light thud. "Here. That'll be for twelve," then she added with an inhale, "I hear you're traveling to the capital?"

You nodded as you handed her the exact amount of money, "Yes. I've received a publication offer from a well-known publisher there."

"Well, that's absolutely fantastic! Go and make our little town proud, Bubble."

You grinned at the nickname that followed you from childhood, back when you'd prance around the town blowing bubbles, and grabbed your drinks before scurrying out of the store. "Thank you, auntie!"

"Safe travels, dear!"

The sun's rays welcomed you when you stepped onto the street, warm like the passersby's greetings and smiles. You'd grown up in this town, on these very streets. You knew every pebble on the road, every brick in the houses, and every tree in the farms. The world was big and vast, but it was in this little town did you build your dreams, meet the love of your life, and grow.

You were going to miss it.

"Y/n!"

Your ears perked up at your best friend's voice and you didn't get to turn around before an arm slung around your shoulders heavily. You grumbled, "Chan."

"You sound enthusiastic," he rolled his eyes and you shrugged his arm off. "Very. Can't you feel it?"

"It's rubbing off on me."

You shook your head with a chuckle and Chan pursed his lips, "Anyway, aren't you supposed to be at the station? The train's in twenty minutes."

You nearly dropped the glass bottles. "Twenty?!"

The dimpled boy hummed affirmatively, and you cursed under your breath, cramming the bottles into your sling bag in a sudden hurry. "Well, I've got to go!"

"See you in a month!" You gave him one last look, which he returned with a soft smile, before gathering your skirt in your hands and running off. "Travel safe!"

By the time you reached the humble train station, your breaths were running shallow. You passed by a few families before finding your husband, waiting near a few suitcases with worry creasing his forehead.

You rushed to where he stood with a hop in your steps. Most people were boarding the train. "Seungmin!"

"There you are," he turned around and sighed in relief before a gentle smile found home on his lips. He took your hand into his, fingers slotting together like they were made for each other. "Ready?"

"I think so," you exhaled, eyes trailing over the train that would carry you toward your lifelong dream. As exciting as it was, you were also afraid of what was waiting for you in the capital. You'd be alone for the first time in your life. The thought left you a little queasy.

You felt a tug at your hand, and you turned to look at Seungmin questioningly. He responded by cupping your cheek with his free hand and pressing a long kiss to your forehead. "Stop worrying. I know you'll do great, love, if not better."

"Have I told you I love you before?"

He laughed, eyes crinkling delicately. "I think you have, and I love you more."

A sharp whistle interrupted, reminding you of the waiting train, and you inhaled slowly. That was it. You grabbed your suitcase's handle before kissing your husband, short and sweet, and whispering, "I'll see you soon."

"Sure, stay safe."

With one last kiss, Seungmin let you go, watching with utter pride as you headed toward your dream.