[pulling me to you]

[From the world of 'Dull Blood'. ]

"Give it back!" Changbin exclaimed, watching in horror as your eyes trailed over the messy letter he's been writing. You only skipped away with a mischievous giggle, "No!"

The letter was a surprise Changbin was preparing for your first anniversary, hadn't you snatched it from his hands like a thief. You aren't supposed to see it yet!

The paper was filled with scribbles of ink that occasionally formed readable sentences. You read out loud, teasing your embarrassed boyfriend, "I will always remember the day we met!"

"Oh my god!" Changbin started chasing you, cheeks reddening furiously. Oh, how he wished he had Felix's powers at that moment. He couldn't disintegrate the paper from your hands, in fear of losing what he wrote. He was helpless against a regular Terrai. Unbelievable.

"I think I'm really in love with you! Aw, sweetheart," you put a hand on your heart. "I'm in love with you too!"

"Stop," he whined when he was close enough to grab the paper from your hands, only for you to run off again.

"Or what?" You challenged, maneuvering around the chairs clumsily. "Will you turn me green?"

"N-No."

"What will you do, then?" You taunted. The truth is, you found the letter adorable. Sure, you loved teasing Changbin, but you couldn't deny the eruption of flutters it evoked. You could see the sincerity in his words. You could see that he was trying his best, from the many scribbled over and abruptly stopped sentences. You could see, from the very careful choice of words, the affection he was trying to portray. Whatever did you do to deserve someone so loving? You were unsure.

Changbin stopped trying to catch you and stood in the middle of the room, following you with his gaze. Just for a short while. Then the smooth wooden tiles of the room became covered with slippery oil, right when you passed by.

You squealed unconsciously as you lost your balance, falling right into his waiting embrace.

Changbin laughed, tightening his arms around your figure, "Will you give it to me now?"

"Hmm," you pretended to think for a while, raising your head from his chest to give him a cheeky grin, "No."

"Fine then," he shrugged and brought a hand to your chin, lifting it so that your faces were mere inches apart. "You brought this upon yourself."

And then he kissed you, so softly and delicately, pouring all the words he struggled to write out. You felt them all.

Perhaps it was his magic or your exhilarated heart, but you felt as if every part of you was on fire. Tingling. Dancing. Bursting with a love so true and unruly.

You didn't give the paper back.