[oh my lover]

"Do you have any plans for the future?" Minho's mumble was carried by the breeze, but you caught it, nonetheless.

The future... It seemed like a popular topic between you graduates. Minho had asked you that question many times, and your answer never changed. A shrug.

Nothing seemed to make sense after the point of graduation. It was a vague mess of...nothing. You had no plans for the future.

To some extent.

You sighed, keeping your gaze on the clouds above, "Maybe."

At this, Minho's attention stood. A 'maybe' was more definite than any of your shrugs. He was suddenly eager to hear what you had to say, curious to know what changed your mind. "Can I see?"

Minho had long learned that words rarely fully expressed thoughts. Especially your thoughts. For in all the times you allowed him to use his peculiar abilities and enter your mind, he was left in awe.

Although, he shouldn't have been so surprised. Your talent with writing didn't come unreasonably.

You hesitated before answering him, feeling a sudden wave of shyness crash on you. You had no plans for the future, and that was true, but you had dreams of a future with him. Things you wished to do, places you wished to see, all with the boy who had stolen your heart some years ago.

For the longest time, they've been your little daydreams, things you only dared to whisper with the tiny voice in your head. You weren't sure you were ready to share them yet.

But then, your gaze fell on the soft smile adorning Minho's lips, and you felt your doubts sail away, lost in the warm depths of his eyes. Why not?

You let out a breath. "Sure."

Minho's presence felt like a cold blow of air on a summery evening. Foreign, yet welcome. You were suddenly hyperaware of your thoughts, carefully weaving little scenes in your imagination for him to see. Graduating, moving out, and finding jobs. Lazy mornings, warm nights, and joyous evenings. Greetings and kisses. Hugs and cuddles.

It felt like a movie, one Minho would watch a hundred times, and the two of you were its stars. Each thought pulsed with so much radiance and life. Love. It made a sense of bliss settle in his heart.

Sometimes, the two of you were running across fields or throwing parties. Other times, you were silently appreciating each other's presence under the shy stars or sharing soft, tender kisses.

Settling down, growing old, living; it seemed like you had much more than a 'maybe' plan.

Minho was onboard with it all.

His hand found yours, fingers lacing into each other easily, and he turned his head to look at you. The rough fabric of the picnic blanket met his cheek as he whispered, a promise the wind carried, too. "Let's make it happen."

"