Clover Prince | Hwang Hyunjin

"My girl, there is nothing more prideful than holding a sword, and there is nothing more honorable than knowing how to protect your land with it."

When two assassination attempts fail, royals of longtime rival kingdoms find themselves stuck with each other and unlikely friendships begin to bloom in that dreary land of betrayal.

◤Disclaimers: Fantasy. A little violence. Fluff because I'm whipped. Some angst. Made up places, none of these represent real-life nations! Make sure to read the Tale of the Eleventh Prince (previous chapter) to enhance your understanding of the story. Things would make more sense! 

◤Word count: 25.7K

◤From the author: Hello, thank you for passing by! I'm so excited to share this one with you all, thank you for being patient with me. This story is a remake of the old series, but with its own flavor. For those who've read the series so far, I urge you to forget everything about it and open a new page with this story. To avoid confusion. I hope it has been worth the wait! Happy reading!

 I hope it has been worth the wait! Happy reading!

1

The young princess slumped against the door in sorrow. She heard the screams, the discord, the agony. She felt them in the depths of her bones. It made her shudder. She couldn't erase the image of her dear mother, murdered in cold blood by the very man she loved. Whom she called family.

The princess couldn't understand why. This was supposed to be a day of joy! Why did he do it?

More shouts. The clanking of swords against each other, the guttural curses, the pound of footsteps. She couldn't remain in her room. Not when her land was being terrorized by a killer on the throne.

With a huff and teary eyes, the girl ripped the layers of her gown to be left with a light, shredded dress. She grabbed the sword from her closet and tied a piece of cloth around her neck, fashioning a simple mask for herself. She rested a hand on the handle, relishing the peace of her room before throwing herself at the dangers outside.

"An eye for an eye," she told herself, "and my gold for yours."

Be vengeful, be bold.

With a deep breath, she lifted her mask and opened the door. What did the young princess do next?

She fought.

♜2♜

"There has been a total of three attacks during the past month, your majesty."

"Three?" You repeated in shock, eyes trailing over the reports in your hands. The losses screamed at you from their place in the ink. Houses, possessions, land, livestock, and grain, all lost to spontaneous arson attacks. Many injured were transported to the capital's care houses as well. Why is this happening?