[run for your life]

The colors were intoxicating.

The flames flickered like the dancers that once stood there in bedazzled, glittering dresses. The air was becoming bitter with smoke, but you inhaled your full, letting it numb your senses and darken your heart. Tint it with black the way your little white dress was slowly losing its pearly appearance.

You dropped the small ticket from your shaking hands, watching the words burn and turn into ash. You're invited to the Blue Carnival.

Well, there'll be no more, you thought, not feeling the grief you'd expected to experience. No more.

Your fingers itched, begging to play more. To unleash ruin. To satisfy the desire you've been masking for years. You know you shouldn't play with fire. You know you shouldn't let the monster in. But it was too late. You've opened the door, welcomed the monster, served it tea, and conversed for hours. The fire breathes in you, pumps in your heart like blood.

For years and years, the fire has starved. Trapped in your body, at your fingertips. Waiting to ravage the land. Eager to burn. All it takes is a simple touch. The fire waited, still and quiet.

You were afraid. The second you left the fire unattended, it would spread. How did you lose control? You were so tempted to touch it. A spark created a flame. You were afraid. What would they think of you? You became just like him, just like Felix. You were afraid of yourself.

"There you are, little dove," you heard his voice behind you, as smooth and rich as velvet. You turned around, taking in the devilish grin on his lips. The heat, the smoke, none of it seemed to bother him. The destruction you've caused only made him gaze at you gently, as if you were that little dove he liked to call you.

You weren't, you knew. You were becoming a raven instead.

But despite the chaos, despite the ruination, despite the disaster around you, it was only Felix in your eyes. He eased your fire. Welcomed it like his own. Embraced you with all the darkness and malice in your soul, all the evil he found in himself too. You were a perfect match, destined for terror and discord. Perfect. A little dove and its keeper. Perfectly twisted, and the world was your playground. Why did you love a madman?

Felix held a gloved hand out for you, eyes twinkling with mischief brighter than the flames surrounding you. "Let's get out of here, little dove."

"