Dull Blood | Lee Felix

"They were victims yet they were probably the strongest people you've ever met."

In which the oddities of Imperii Al Ordines team up to bring down their city's despicable leaders.

◤Disclaimers: almost modern fantasy! Implied violence. Tons of fluff and the usual of angst. Please make sure to view the blood hierarchy in the previous chapter before proceeding. Seriously, read it thoroughly to avoid heavy confusion!

◤Word count: 26.8K

8K

First.

Nobody likes the dull ones. It was a well-known fact in the first Imperiuma house, where hundreds of youth from different orders studied and lived. Why would anyone like pale and powerless beings? Completely absurd.

Useless, that's what most would describe people like you. Dull and useless. You often found yourself wondering why were you there in the first place but then you'd remember the Imperiuma's words, no one would house a dull. You supposed you were thankful for the shelter you had in the first house, even if its inhabitants resented you and your sickeningly pale skin. Even if you couldn't join their classes and learn with them. Even if you had to run around the place, helping in the research center without rest. After all, the first house was the only home you knew. Besides-

"Y/n!"

It's not like you were completely friendless.

You turned around in the direction of the sound, finding your friend, Ryujin, skipping towards you.

"Another delivery?" She raised an eyebrow at the package you held in your arms. You nodded, "To the fourth lab."

"Oh," your friend frowned. No one was allowed into the fourth lab unless they had a pass from the Imperiuma, which you luckily had. Perks of being an errand girl.

"Well, I'll see you later in the dorms then," she smiled before rushing away to her last class.

You watched your friend get farther. Ryujin was of the second order, Locusa Azure. Her skin had a tinge of blue, courtesy of her similarly colored blood, and she had the ability to control the weather, which you thought was the most fascinating of all abilities. Ryujin was the only friend you had, which raised many eyebrows. Why would someone from the second most respected order befriend a dull? You often questioned it too. Yet, she was always there to look out for you and ensure you're doing fine. You were beyond grateful.

The package in your hands felt heavier, a reminder of the job you were tasked with. You quickened your pace towards the fourth lab, which was inconveniently positioned in the farthest wing of the house.

The fourth lab held the most confidential experiments and researches. It required extra protection for that cause. You had very little knowledge of what they did in that lab, but every time you visited to deliver something from the other labs, you'd spot dozens of vials filled with blood. Blue, orange, green, purple, and red, all the common orders.