[a hundred ways to leave a lover]

Changbin remembers it vividly. The tranquility of that fateful noon, the gentle light streaming from the stained glass, the delightful music being played by the ensemble, the pounding of his restless heart — it all felt so surreal.

He can see you whenever he closed his eyes, walking down the aisle with the grace of a hundred angels. With each step you took towards him, the shining beacon of destiny was closer to his grasp. A fate so pure and perfect, and you were moments away from stamping the seal wax.

You were beautiful, so much that he wondered how a world so ugly could encompass such delicacy. A shy smile adorned your lips when you met his loving gaze. He looked at you as if you were the universe — the stars dotting the sky, the soft breeze of spring, the timid bloom of a rose, the rarity of a rainbow. Quite literally, you were his universe.

And he stood before you, ready to declare his love for the heavens to hear.

Changbin remembers the words, falling from your lips eagerly like rain. They poured on him, small but fierce, quenching the dry expanse of his heart, leaving a trail of blossoms wherever they passed.

"I do."

Once that statement left your lips, sealing the promise, shadows crashed through the glass. They whirled in the air, screaming, spreading, and shattering the perfect ceremony. He should've expected it, he knew. He hated that he knew.

He remembers the strange arms twisting around your waist, pulling you away. Taking you from him. He tried to hold on, he called after you, but he could only watch helplessly as they pulled you to the sky. To their fortress of shadows.

Changbin remembers, with every breathing second of his day and every beat of his heart. He would find you. He would see you again, even if it was the last thing he did.

 He would see you again, even if it was the last thing he did