[follow you into the unknown]

It felt weird, whatever Jeongin was doing by wrapping his arms around you.

"Why are you squeezing me with your body?"

He laughed, and you felt the sound vibrate through his body. "Hyunjin calls it hugging. It's supposed to make you feel better."

Hyunjin, you decided, was a bad influence. The human boy was teaching your prince questionable things, which clearly were not helping in your quest to return home.

"Well, this is a human thing and we aren't humans." You wriggled out of his embrace with a frown. Jeongin pouted, the three gems embedded over his right brow curling downward with the expression. "But Hyunjin says you hug those who you love so, I'm hugging you."

Love? What more ridiculous things was Hyunjin stuffing your prince's brain with? You crossed your arms. "And what might this 'love' thing be?"

The two of you were tied for eternity. The prince and princess of a galaxy far away. One day, you would rule the stars, hand by hand, on the throne of light. Until your birth star dies. Then comes another couple of rulers.

That is, of course, if you found a way back home.

"I don't know. But Hyunjin said that love is a very special feeling." Jeongin's right eye glowed with the colors of the gems above it. "When you love someone, you want to stay by their side forever, and you'd hate to see them hurt or upset.

"When you love someone, you care for them and want to make them happy. If you love someone, then being with them makes you happy."

He was now looking at you, as if he saw something in you that you didn't know about. "Hyunjin says that when you're with someone you love, the world suddenly becomes perfect and nothing else matters. It is an emotion, not just a human thing. All creatures feel love."

"I think he is right," he nodded, almost to himself, "Because even though we're trapped here, away from our people, I feel at peace with you. I would curse the seven skies if something ever happened to you, a-and I can't imagine a life without you."

Your prince inhaled, "Therefore, I have concluded that I love you. And it's a very special feeling I've stored in my heart only for you. Don't you love me, y/n?"

You stared at him, dumbfounded. Whatever nonsense he was learning must immediately be stopped.

Nevertheless, you found that you agreed with what he said. You cared for Jeongin, more than words can express, and being with him did make you happy. Likewise, if you were to ever lose him, you were sure the universe would suffer your wrath for centuries.

What sorcery did humans use to express that strange emotion so well?

You allowed yourself to smile, eyes glowing with colors similar to your prince's. For even being stranded at a foreign planet wouldn't change the fact that you, indeed, loved him. And you would follow him into the depthless unknown without hesitation.

"I suppose I do love you, Jeongin. Very much."