[the replacements]

Well, this sucks.

You mustered a halfhearted smile at a joke your blind date cracked, trying to hide your awkwardness. Not only was your date late, but he was successfully annoying the daylights out of you. You supposed he was trying to impress, but you wished to tell him you didn't enjoy poking fun at waiters.

You swirled the spaghetti in your untouched plate timidly, the cold utensil between your fingers clanking against the porcelain lightly. That faint noise didn't distract you from another obnoxious comment falling from his lips. You lifted your gaze, dropping the fork as you gave him a pointed look. You've had enough.

"Please, excuse me," you picked your clutch bag and stood up, indicating that you were visiting the restroom—or escaping to it. You didn't wait for a response before making your way to a duo of doors in a secluded area of the fancy restaurant you were at.

You were sure to give Felix, your brother, a piece of your mind when you got home. This blind date nonsense was his idea after all. Something about you being too lonely or married to your studies; you only went through with it for his sake. He must've not known how horrible this match would turn out.

You entered the female restroom with a huff, locking the door behind you and placing your clutch bag on the sink. With a glance at the mirror, you remembered the hours that were spent in prepping you for this "blind date" and you thought, what a waste.

You pulled your phone out, deciding it's better to call Car to pick you up before a little red button caught your attention. An idea popped in your mind. Maybe, this date could be saved...

You pressed the red button, bringing the phone closer to your ear as you heard that friendly tune, and then, a voice you were quite familiar with filled your ears.

"Hello, Fleemco!"

You couldn't help the mischievous grin that formed on your lips as you answered, "Hello, Fleem? I want to replace my bothersome blind date with someone pleasant who doesn't mock waiters."

"Oh, dear, that must be horrible. Worry not, I'll find you the best date!"

You put your phone down with a triumphant smile. You knew Conrad Fleem wouldn't let you down with his replacements. All it took was a click on that red button and voila! Problems solved.

Mostly.

You stayed in the restroom for a while, fixing your hair and makeup before deciding it was enough time. You stepped out of the washroom and headed towards your table in anticipation.

Where your unpleasant date once sat was a young man with light, brown curls, looking around him in curiosity. It was as if he was waiting for someone.

You almost tripped in your heels. He looked like a character straight out of a movie. Dreamy gazes, gentle eyes, and alluring lips.

What've you gotten yourself into?

You hoped you didn't look too starstruck as you stood at the other end of the table, watching his eyes sparkle when he stood to greet you. A breathtaking smile paired with a charming dimple were enough to leave you speechless. Even his voice reminded you of sweet, smooth honey.

"Hi, my name's Chan. You look lovely!"

Perhaps, this blind date will go better than you expected.

*inspired by Disney's the Replacements, for @skzwritersclub on tumblr