[dazzle me]

Before you met Jeongin, you thought your soulmate was an idiot and you made sure to tell everyone about it. Who on earth picks light pink as their favorite color, fully knowing that their soulmate would be stuck with that for an eye color?!

You were beyond baffled.

In school, they described it so romantically. Your soulmate's eyes are your favorite color so you could stare at them for endless hours.

Well, no one held eye contact with you because you looked scary. As simple as that. You were terrified of your own reflection when you woke up one day to very light irises.

It happened in seventh grade. Your eyes changed from blue to cherry blossom pink and stayed like that. When graduation rolled around, you were convinced your soulmate was trying to sabotage you.

He should be thankful, you often thought. Your favorite color was black, you spared him the humiliation of fire red and striking green eyes. You seriously considered changing your favorite color to neon yellow for a change.

And it didn't help that you couldn't cover your eyes with glasses or wear lenses. You wouldn't be able to find your soulmate if your eyes were covered, or something complicated the teacher once explained.

You were excited to meet your soulmate, yes, to give him a piece of your mind.

But it seemed that your soulmate didn't want to appear, and after endless searching during high school, you stopped caring that much. College was devouring your time and energy, leaving nothing for your personal enjoyment.

Besides, the color of your eyes helped move people along. No one blabbered on for too long with you, and your coffee was always delivered quickly. You looked intimidating with those eyes, you doubted anyone would find it romantic or attractive. Your soulmate must've not realized how unflattering it would look.

But alas, any hopes of meeting him diminished over time. So the last thing you expected would happen when you bumped into Jeongin, during a midnight supermarket raid, was for the world to explode in that light shade of pink.

You completely forgot about your plans to give him a piece of your mind. He was just too... cute to be mad at.

Now as you rested side by side on your bed, staring at the ceiling purposelessly, you remembered. You turned your head to look at the side of his face. "Babe, I have a question."

Jeongin hummed for you to go on with your question, eyes fixed on the boring, white expanse of your ceiling.

"Why this color? No one has rosewater-pink eyes."

Jeongin turned on his side so that the two of you were face to face and he could look into your cherry-blossom eyes. "That's exactly why. So I could find you."

"That's-" how could you be mad at that? "But it looks odd!"

"Wherever did you get that from?" He gasped and sat straight, utter disbelief illuminating his face. How could you ever think that about yourself? He didn't know.

He lay back down and placed a tender hand on your cheek as he murmured, "You have the most beautiful, dazzling eyes I've ever seen. Never think otherwise."

Too cute to be mad at, indeed.