[magnetic moon]

"You're the center of my universe," you murmured as you threaded your fingers through Chan's hair. "Did you know?"

You kept your voice soft, not to wake your sleeping boyfriend. There was always something so endearing about Chan when he slept, and you found yourself becoming more affectionate towards him. Perhaps it was because he couldn't hear you that you said things you'd never utter otherwise. That rare confidence only appeared then.

He was dozing off peacefully, snuggling up to you like a koala and relishing the coziness of your embrace. You didn't mind his clinginess. You rather thought it was adorable.

"The brightest star in my cosmos," you hummed. "A full moon that never hides."

"Did you know that you're the best thing to ever happen to me? You came into my life and it turned into the better. I don't know what will I do without you," you continued your quiet confession. Words that have been swimming in your mind restlessly have finally found the chance to leave your lips, and they didn't stop. "It's not fair. The universe can't even encompass the amount of love I have for you – my heart is weary with it... yet, it has never felt more alive."

You sighed and closed your eyes, "If only I could tell you."

"Why can't you?"

Your fingers froze and you stiffened, eyes widening in panic. Oh my god.

"Why can't you tell me, darling?" He shifted in your arms, voice lazy but clear. Awake. You held your breath as you looked down, meeting his eyes. They were set on you, gazing sleepily but lovingly. Your throat felt dry. "I..."

Chan was going to surrender to sleep when he heard your hushed voice, gently speaking to him. You were unaware. He pretended to be asleep, not wanting that moment to end, but he soon found it hard to continue with the act. Not when you were making his heart sing in adoration with your fond words. He hoped you couldn't hear the joyous tune.

You zipped your lips shut, feeling your cheeks heat up in embarrassment. Wasn't he supposed to be asleep?!

"Did you know," he whispered, taking your hand out of his hair and intertwining your fingers, "that you're the center of my universe? Every star, planet, and moon rotates around you, for you. Just like the dancing of my heart. Did you know?"

"Chan," you breathed, a swarm of butterflies finding home in your stomach. He rested his head back on your chest, smiling to himself as he admired your interlocked fingers. "You think it isn't fair, I think it's completely crazy. How did I manage to find someone so dear and perfect? How did you, a goddess on this flawed world, find anything worth staying in me?

"Books could fill with words in your praise, but it would never be enough. It would never be enough. Because you're beyond mundane words and expressions. You're incomparable. So tell me, love, did you know?"

You knew. With every passionate beat of your heart, you knew. And you wanted him to know, you needed him to know that every unspoken word you murmured to him was true. That you meant every letter of it, even if you were too shy to tell him.

"I know," you kissed the top of his head, "Do you know?"

You felt his smile. "I know."

"