[this one's for the summer]

Jeongin placed a hand on the grass, watching ice spread from his fingertips like a little halo before removing his hand and letting the mark melt. Oh, how beautiful summer was.

"Jeongin, what are you doing here?" A voice that sounded like a hundred little bells ringing together exclaimed with an airy chuckle, and he snapped his gaze upward. Oh, how beautiful you were.

The Winter Spirit stood, and a puff of frost rose from his icy hair, instantly evaporating into the hot air. His lips remained blueish despite the glorious heat. "I was just... passing by."

He was definitely not trying to see you.

"Oh, well, then!" You chuckled, seeming to glow. "You better not be thinking about sabotaging this season. Last year's rainstorms should not happen again."

"Of course, of course."

Yellow Ranunculus flowers were laced in your hair, sitting like a crown on your head. Full of life, much like the flowery dress that hugged your figure. It would billow around you whenever you twirled, a breath of fresh, sweet air. Summer, in all its brightness and joy, seemed to sing in your presence, a catchy tune that had the coldest of beings humming along.

But it wasn't as though Jeongin expected something else, you were the Summer Spirit after all. And he was horribly infatuated.

It was a hopeless case, however. Had he taken a liking for the Autumn Spirit, or maybe even the Spring Spirit, he might've had some kind of chance.

You were the exact opposite of Jeongin.

A simple touch would result in a spark of pain. Summer and winter were not meant to mix, ever. Each would cancel out the other. It was a pointless pairing.

Yet there was Jeongin, treading around during summer in hopes of seeing you. Just enough to make his frozen heart warm.

That might've been stupid, but could he be blamed?

You gave Jeongin an amused look, eyes glinting with the mischief of the season. The Winter Spirit intrigued you. "I guess I'll be seeing you around then?"

There was a beat of silence before he spoke, voice as delicate as a snowflake, "Yeah."

A charming smile settled on your lips, and you bowed elegantly before disappearing into the air with a twirl.

A Ranunculus blossom danced where you'd stood, falling toward the ground slowly. Jeongin caught it midair, and the beautiful flower remained in full bloom, gorgeous and alluring despite the frost creeping up its stem.

He was a fool, indeed.