[drinkin' this potion]

"I need a love potion," the hooded customer spoke to you, trying hard to mask his voice. It was a fruitless effort, but you played along. You knew Jisung's voice too well to be fooled.

"Why do you need a love potion?" You tried to keep your voice from cracking. Why would he need a love potion?

Jisung never talked to you about love. He never mentioned liking someone or courting someone. Why would he suddenly need a love potion? And why did he find the need to hide it from you?

You felt your heart drop. How foolish have you been to think that you had the merest chance with him. How foolish of you.

"Because...," he trailed away, not lifting his gaze from the ground as he tried to construct a plausible explanation. "Because the lady I like isn't liking me back."

You lifted an eyebrow, this is new. You hadn't met a single person in the village who hasn't fawned over Han Jisung at some point. It was hard for you to believe that his feelings were unreciprocated.

"But you must know that love doesn't work this way. A love potion is an illusion, not real love. Only those who love you truly and without a love potion will last with you," you repeated what you said to other customers who came requesting a love potion.

"I know, but I need something to encourage me to confess. I-I need to make sure," his answer came out as a shy whisper, and you heard some degree of heartbreak in his tone.

Preposterous! You exclaimed inwardly, how can one not love him?

"Fine." You ignored the way your heart ached and turned around to gather the ingredients for your potion.

"Can you describe her to me?" You started mixing the ingredients as you've done many times before.

"Describe?"

"Yes. The way she looks, her personality; I need to personalize the potion," you responded absentmindedly and after a stretch of silence, Jisung finally spoke.

"She's very caring."

Caring, you thought as you added a sprinkle of ground lavender into the mixture. You'll make her care for him more.

"She's smart."

You wanted to scoff, not very smart if she's making Jisung doubt himself.

"And she's well known across the village."

Famous! You made the mixture bitter to lower her ego. She must have a soaring one to not acknowledge Jisung.

"She reads a lot, especially about magic," his voice became louder, as if he was becoming more confident. You couldn't help the envy creeping into your heart, so it's another witch!

"In fact, she does magic. She makes potions for the people in town."

A rival potion seller? You knew you should've cursed their stores long ago.

"She has the loveliest smile," you could hear the smile in his voice when he said that, "and looking into her eyes is like gazing at the cosmos."

"She never fails to brighten up my day. Whenever I feel down, I know I can knock on her door and lean on her shoulder." You were baffled at that point.

More than that, you felt betrayed.

Who is this person Jisung visits secretly and why did he hide her from you? As far as you knew, you were his destination after a tough day. He always came to you.

Who is this mysterious crush? You looked up from the mixture in the making, ready to confront him about this secret.

However, he was staring at you, no longer trying to hide his face. You could make out his gentle eyes, which you've only met with adoration, his smooth cheeks, which you loved to caress, and his delicate lips, which you've longed to touch.

"I've known her for as long as I can remember," he met your gaze and held it firmly. You held your breath.

"She's the most beautiful person in my eyes." He took a step closer. "I just... love her so damn much."

What is he doing?! Your eyes widened and your heart was close to falling out of your chest. What is he trying to do?!

"Jisung-"

"And you know what's the best part?" Only your thin counter stood between the two of you, an oblivious barrier. It didn't seem to bother Jisung, however, because he leaned to hold your face carefully, as if you were a gem he didn't want to dirty with his hands.

He smiled then, ever so endearingly, and you were sure your mind blanked. "She's you."

He kissed you.