[take my heart]

"I love you to the moon and back."

"Boo," Felix threw a piece of popcorn at the screen, where you were playing a movie in an attempt to have a sweet indoor date with your boyfriend. You supposed you were foolish to think Felix would take it seriously.

You raised your head from his shoulder, where you were comfortably snuggled, and gave him a frown. "What did you do that for?"

"He's lame and shallow," Felix gestured at the male lead, who was confessing his love for the female lead.

"Shut up. What do you know about being romantic?" You shook your head, returning to your previous position as you popped a few pieces of popcorn into your mouth.

Felix gasped dramatically, clutching his heart, "You out of all people shouldn't be dissing me like this!"

"Oh, yeah?" You couldn't hide the silly grin forming on your lips.

"Yeah. I'd never tell you 'I love you to the moon and back'. It's a horrible phrase," he tutted, and you hummed, eyes on the tv, "Enlighten me oh, Romeo."

"Well," your boyfriend huffed, "The distance to the moon and back is quite large, but it is what it is. It wouldn't change. It's measurable. He is telling her his love is limited and tangible. That doesn't sound so good."

Felix felt your smile through the thin fabric of his t-shirt. You might not admit it, but you liked it when he went off on tangents about small things an average person wouldn't bother with. It was cute. It was very Felix. "What would you say then, mister romantic?"

"I can't tell if you're just making fun of me or if you really want to know," he pursed his lips jokingly and you sat up straight, mustering the most serious face you could, "Of course I want to listen to your incredible revelation of love."

He rolled his eyes before turning in his place so that your knees touched. A hand held yours, while the other waved descriptively as he narrated into the air. "My love for you is not to the moon and back, but it stretches from here to every star in the galaxy and then to each galaxy in our universe. It continues to reach for the ever-distancing edges of the universe. Do you know why?"

His gaze settled on you, eyes sparkling as an endearing smile adorned his lips. The movie was long forgotten as you sat there, smiling at each other, hearts humming the same melody. You breathed, trying your best not to pepper his face with kisses right then, "Why?"

"Because it's endless and immeasurable, and it will continue to grow. Forever. Who's the romantic one now?"

 Who's the romantic one now?"