[windy day]

"Isn't he just dashing?" Your friend gushed, shaking your arm excitedly as Seungmin passed through the market on his loyal horse. Your eyes followed the knight in shiny armor, feeling your heartbeat increase as he smiled and greeted villagers. "He is."

It was your first time seeing the handsome knight, but it wasn't your last, for he frequented the town to help around. He had a heart of gold, you quickly came to conclude. Despite having knightly duties, he always made time to visit the humble village and converse with commoners like you.

You admired him from afar, invisible in your stall. Each time he visited, he managed to make you fall for him more. From his chivalrous actions, to his sweet smile, to his pretty laugh, to his kind eyes, you could list a hundred reasons why you became infatuated with Kim Seungmin. However, it was only a silly crush. Why would a knight notice an average villager like you?

It seemed that a few heavy barrels were the answer.

"My lady, allow me." You only saw his arms wrap around the barrel and free it from your hold. You looked up, recognizing his voice and accidentally locking gazes with him. You were sure your heart stopped beating for a fair moment.

"O-Oh, thank you," you quickly turned your gaze elsewhere, color creeping into your cheeks in a fluster. He only smiled at you and carried the barrel with ease to your stall. Once they were all moved into your stall, you thanked him again and offered him a piece of the pastry you sold as a token of appreciation. He refused to take it, but when you insisted, he gave in and accepted the sugary treat graciously.

The knight appeared by your stall more often after that. He helped with crates sometimes, he bought pastries other times, but he mostly took the opportunity to get to know you. Seungmin found you lovely, although that was only for him to know.

You thought you couldn't fall more for the charming knight, but you were proven wrong. It was as if he aimed for your heart and refused to let go. The more you talked to Seungmin, you realized that you were completely and utterly in love. There was no way back.

One day, however, the knight didn't visit. The town assumed he was off on an honorable feat, but when a day became weeks of absence, you knew that something was wrong.

You asked around and learned that he left on a rescue mission to the forest. He hasn't been seen ever since. Entrusting your friend with your stall, you gathered your essentials and decided to go find the missing knight.

Your trek through the forest was lonely, the concern you had for Seungmin was your only companion and your sole motivation. Perhaps you were out of your mind, stepping into the dangerous forest by yourself, but nothing mattered more than finding him.

You spotted his horse, resting near a large tree, and rushed towards the mammal expectantly. It was alone and it recognized you when you approached, neighing softly when you patted its muzzle. "Where's your rider?"

The horse moved its head to the side, as if pointing at the tree behind it. You frowned, "A tree?"

"Has he been enchanted?" You looked at the horse for affirmation, although you doubted it could understand you. It only neighed.

How could you break a spell? You weren't experienced when it came to magic. You've only heard tales of princes waking up slumbering maidens with a kiss, or breaking curses with huge sacrifices. You had no idea what to do.

So, you slumped against the bark of the tree, feeling your heart clench at your misery. What can I do?

Would a kiss turn him back? What could you sacrifice to save him, and to whom? Could you kiss a tree, to begin with? You evaluated your options. If the horse was trying to tell you what you thought it was saying, then Seungmin was indeed trapped in there. You couldn't let him remain that way.

Grimacing inwardly at the thought of what you were about to do, you took a deep breath and pressed a fleeting kiss to the rough bark of the tree. You stepped away instantly and a flash of brilliance filled your vision, making you squeeze your eyes to protect them. When you opened them again, the knight was sitting on the ground in the tree's place. He heaved a breath, as if exhausted, and you gasped in disbelief. I did it!

He snapped his head in the direction of the sound and a warm smile overtook his face when he realized it was you. Pushing himself to stand, he stepped toward you wearily and took your hand in his, pressing a delicate kiss to its back. "Thank you for saving me, my lady."

"