[throw your sticks and stones]

You listened closely to the commotion on deck, catching his voice and feeling relieved instantly. They've come to save you. You knew you weren't being foolish by putting your trust in Felix.

Your kidnappers, the Red Skulls, knew that the only way to quickly and directly rile up Felix was through you. He could forgive, but not when it came to his crew and the people he loved. And especially not when it came to his very own lover.

You considered yourself a weak point because of that, but Felix was always fast to shut those thoughts out.

"Little gem, my beautiful treasure, you are not a weakness to our crew. I am stronger with you by my side. I am stronger with you in my heart. I am stronger with you. If anything, my weakness is your absence, and you'll always see me fighting to bring you back," he would say, to eliminate any doubts in your messy mind. You believed him because it wasn't only him.

You were stronger with Felix.

Determined, you crawled across the narrow space you were trapped in and aligned your eye with the little peephole in the locked door. You could see the deck, littered by injured pirates, splotches of red, and bloodied swords. You could also see the entirety of your crew lined behind their captain. Felix. Although they had the most hostile of looks in their eyes, and although they seemed to encompass every force of evil and wrath known to this world, your heart fluttered.

Felix was raising the Red Skulls' captain by his collar, sword brandished as he pressed him against the mast. "Where is she?"

He did not ask. He demanded, and you were sure mountains would move in obedience to his tone. But the filthy pirate preserved his silence, evoking a deeper scowl on Felix's face. "Have it your way then."

He didn't hesitate to plunge his sword in the man's side, earning an agonized scream from him as he crumpled to the swaying floor. Felix didn't spare his victim a glance, turning to his crew with orders. "Find her. Search every floor, every room, and every barrel. Dive into the ocean if you have to. Find her."

But before they dispersed to look for you, you started banging on the door holding you captive, "I'm here! I'm here!"

Felix ran in the direction of your voice immediately, dropping his sword and calling your name as if his life depended on it. His dagger went into the lock, and after much nudging and meddling, the lock was broken and the door flew open.

You rushed into his arms once you felt the sun's rays hit your skin, finally breathing. Felix peppered the top of your head with gentle kisses, holding you closer until you could feel his restless pulse.

"Are you okay, love?" He murmured as he cupped your face, brushing your hair back to look at you. His eyes trailed over every feature, so slowly that you sensed yourself becoming shy under his gaze. It was as if he could see everything you kept to yourself, written like a poem on your countenance. You felt exposed, almost vulnerable. Vulnerable to his love.

It was only a night, but Felix missed you beyond belief and words. One must be truly despicable to deprive him of you, he concluded. Pirate or not.

Then you smiled at him, and he felt his soul soar in joy and love. His precious treasure.

"I'm okay."