[best part]

"Hey."

You didn't have to lift your face from your hands to know who it was, and you instantly snapped, "Get away from me."

"No can do, missy." You knew Seungmin would be puckering his lips sassily at that point. "Stop being a mopey mess and listen."

"I don't want to," you turned away, voice shaky from crying earlier.

Seungmin sighed, walking around you and crouching to your level as he gently pulled your hands away from your face. A foreign gesture. "A voice crack won't ruin your audition."

"Yeah, sure. Why do you care anyway?" You sniffled, pulling your wrists from his grasp rather aggressively. Last time you checked, Kim Seungmin was the lead vocalist of the school's most popular band, someone who found enjoyment in teasing you endlessly and ruining everything.

Seungmin was the reason you bolted out of the gym in embarrassment after your voice cracked horribly during your audition, after all.

When you stood on the stage, you could see him snicker and point with his friends. It was hard to ignore. Shame piled on you, and your barely collected confidence depleted to the negatives. You tried to focus, afraid of suddenly forgetting the lyrics or hiccupping on stage. What came was worse than both combined, and the last thing you saw was Seungmin erupting in laughter from his place on the bleachers.

You wanted the earth to swallow you.

"What if I told you you've passed the audition?" He rolled his eyes and you narrowed yours, "You're lying."

"Why would I lie about this?"

"I don't know, you seem to like embarrassing me."

"I don't-" Seungmin paused, remembering what happened at the gym. "Did you... Was it because of me?"

"It sure was, I'm glad you're asking," you hissed. "It's not like I have an ego the size of a mountain like you do. Perhaps you should've kept your teasing for when I wasn't being a nervous wreck on stage."

No one has slapped Seungmin before, but he was sure your words were what it felt like. It was all friendly teasing. He meant no harm. He didn't mean to ruin your performance or squish your confidence. Guilt began to feast on his soul with silver utensils.

He couldn't meet your eyes. "God, I feel like an asshole."

"You are."

"I'm sorry." It came out as a small whisper from him. "I didn't think- I should've been more considerate. I'm sorry."

"You should've." You agreed, standing up and dusting your pants. He mimicked you, brushing the nape of his neck awkwardly, "I guess I deserve all this guilt-tripping, huh?"

You smiled unconsciously, "I'm enjoying it."

You tried not to laugh, for Seungmin looked like he'd explode in embarrassment at any given moment. You could see his ego plummet downward.

Deciding that was enough teasing to fill your heart, you chuckled, patting his shoulder, "It's okay. I accept your apology. Loosen up, you look like you're about to cry."

There was his signature eye roll, "Says the one who has been crying for the past ten minutes."

"Shut up."

"You look like a mess."

"Shut up, with more emphasis."

Seungmin laughed, a sound you decided you could listen to for hours, and walked past you, ruffling your hair, "See you at the finals, muffin."

You tried to glare. "You sure will."

"