𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

WE ONLY SEE EACH OTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS

THE RAIN WAS pouring as we all stood outside. All of us were holding black umbrellas, except for Klaus, of course. I stood between Klaus and Five. I couldn't be bothered with this funeral, instead I was reading Vanya's book.

"Did something happen?" Mom asked, her white smile hasn't changed.

"Dad died. Remember?" Allison reminded her.

"Oh. Yes, of course." Mom's smile faded. Everyone looked at her weirdly.

"Is Mom okay?" Allison asked.

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest, You know, recharge." Mommy's boy said.

"Whenever you're ready, dear boy." Pogo looked at Luther. He was holding Dad's urn. Luther sighed and slowly poured out Dad's ashes, sliding out into a clump.

It landed in a pile at his feet. It was kind of pathetic. I cringed at the awkward silence. "Probably would have been better with some wind." Luther said.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked, looking around at the group. There was silence, everyone averting Pogo's gaze.

I snapped the book closed and raised my hand. I walked over to his ashes, lying muddied on the wet floor. "I'm going to steal the gold bars from your office. Yes, I know the password. Have fun in Hell." I whispered as I stuck out my tongue to the ashes.

I backed away to my previous spot grinning widely. "You may proceed." I said.

"Anyone else?" Pogo asked. Everyone looked away, not wanting to make eye contact with the chimpanzee.

"Very well," He sighed, disappointed. "In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master...and my friend, and I shall miss him very much." There was a moment of silence.

"He leaves behind a complicated legacy..." Pogo was interrupted by Number Two.

"He was a monster." Diego muttered. Klaus couldn't help but laugh. I agree, but how dare he interrupt Pogo. Pogo has a special place in my heart.

"Don't interrupt Pogo, Walmart Batman." I spat.

"He was a bad person and a worse father." Diego glared at me. "The world's better off without him."

"Diego." Allison warned.

"My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had Mom do it." Diego looked at us.