𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

SEVEN STAGES

FIVE AND I walked silently behind the three, Luther and Old Five were talking quietly, while old me was listening in

FIVE AND I walked silently behind the three, Luther and Old Five were talking quietly, while old me was listening in. "I'm betting twenty bucks that they're planning on killing us." I said.

"Agreed." Five concurred, glaring intensely at the three. We continued walking in discomfort. I sweated profusely, my entire body itching. The paradox psychosis was getting worse as each second passed.

"What are you looking at?" Five yelled suddenly. I turned to see him beefing with a random guy. "You see something funny?" The seven stages seemed to have been affecting him greatly.

"Mind your business! Or I'll give you something to stare at. You wish you could pull off these shorts!" Five shouted. The man was frightened by the little boy yelling at him. I groaned and tugged at his arm, quickening our pace. I couldn't stand the embarrassment.

God, I can't take him anywhere.

Luther stopped walking, waiting for us to catch up. He let out an upbeat chuckle. "Hey, brother, sister. How you doing?"

"They're gonna kill us, aren't they?" Five asked, though he already suspected the answer.

"Doubt it. I'm pretty sure I'm thinking about what I'll be eating for dinner. You on the other hand... most likely." I stated.

Luther scoffed and laughed. "What? What, him? He's gonna kill you? Yeah, right. That's ridiculous." He stammered, followed by another unconvincing laugh.

"You know, you're a terrible liar, Luther. You're a worse liar than you are a spotter." Five insulted.

"Okay, whose fault is that? What good is having a spotter if you won't even listen to him?" Luther argued.

"So you admit you're conspiring against us?" I asked, angrily.

"Do... Do you admit that you're suffering from paradox psychosis?" He asked.

"All we're suffering from is bracing clarity about you and your murderous intentions." Five whisper-shouted.

"Look, it's not like he's gonna 'kill you' kill you. He just wants to kill a, um... version of you." Luther defended.

"So they are gonna kill us." I scoffed, scratching my neck vigorously. Can I just have one day without someone conspiring against me. Just one? I'm so sick of people attempting to murder me!

"But we are that version of us." Five protested.

"Hey, I don't love it, either, but he's actually got a pretty good plan." Luther defended.

"What? The one where you guys off us and then jump to 2019 to save the world?" He questioned.

"Yeah, wait, how did you know that?" Luther asked, realizing that he just revealed their nefarious plan.