𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

VALHALLA

WE ALL SAT together in the living room

WE ALL SAT together in the living room. Luther getting lost in his thoughts; Diego playing with his knives; Vanya slouching on the sofa while I rested my head on her lap, my feet crossed on Luther's. We were listening to Elliot rambling on about Jell-O.

"Y'all know, Jell-O used to be a delicacy. You know, in order to make it, you gotta boil down a whole mess of hooves... you know, horses, cows, pigs, it doesn't matter. But not everybody has a mess of hooves just lying around. It wasn't until, uh... a couple of sassy New Yorkers figured out how to dry it out so that the rest of us could have a... a chance to enjoy this ambrosia."

"If we have some, will you shut up?" Diego asked, annoyed.

"Maybe." He replied. "Here." He scooped a spoon full of that disgraceful thing he calls Jell-O into a small bowl. Luther and I stared in disgust. I can assure you that is not Jello-O, and I definitely know my Jell-O.

"How you feeling?" Luther asked, directing the question to Vanya.

"Pretty shitty, to be honest." She replied.

"Where would you say you are on a scale from one to... ending all life on this planet?" Diego queried as he continued to toss his knives up and down.

"Really?"

I let out a groan. "Diego, shut the hell up before I take that knife from your hand and stab it in your eye." I casually threatened.

"Diego, put that knife away, you idiot. She's fine." Luther defended. But Diego didn't listen, he continued to mess with them.

"The last time I saw this one, she had me suspended midair, sucking the life out of me with energy tentacles." Diego debated, pointing the knife at Luther. "I think I'm allowed a little time to process."

"Oh, I would love to see an energy tentacle." Elliot chimed in.

"Your wish will be granted if this idiot doesn't shut the hell up." I replied, gesturing to Diego. I really wanted to summon Echo right now.

"I don't remember what I did, but I'm sorry... if... if that means anything." Vanya apologized. Diego paused and lowered the knife.

"It does. Just going through a lot right now." He replied. "There's this... girl that I like. I thought she liked me, but turns out that she's..."

Diego was cut off by the door opening, followed by the sound of laughter. I knew that laugh all too well. Allison.

"Oh, thank God." Luther sighed. We all got up from our seat to welcome our new visitors.

"Is anyone here? Hello" Allison's voice echoed.

"Le petit mort, le petit mort." Another voice spoke. I easily recognized it as Klaus'.