𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHANGES

Apocalypse - Cigarettes After Sex
"0:35 ───────── -5: 32,

Apocalypse - Cigarettes After Sex"0:35 ━❍───────── -5: 32, ↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳

20 Years Ago

I WAS TRAPPED in the basement again. Dad said that if I learned to control my powers, he'd let me out. I hugged my knees, sobbing silently in the cold and dark room.

I am a monster. Whenever I lose control, I'd manage to destroy anything in my path.

I looked at my hands. They are as sharp as knives. I looked at my feet. They, too, are big and pointy. I looked in my reflection, big white eyes that can stare into one's soul. At a glance, it looks like I don't have a mouth, but when I bare my teeth, I could rip a person's head off

I was stuck in here because I did something I could never forgive myself. I lost control, and I hurt the one person that I cared most for. Five.

Dad had told me that he was in the infirmary, the cut was deep and that it needed to be stitched, but nothing Five couldn't handle. I clutched my head, anger filled me.

I tried to hurt myself— anything— but I couldn't. The one thing I couldn't destroy was myself. I hated myself for hurting Five. His screams of agony are still playing in my head.

I heard a knock on the door. I peered through the tiny glass window and saw... Five. He smiled at me, I could see that some of his teeth were missing.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed even more when I saw the bandages on his arm. I knew he couldn't hear me.

He brought out a notebook and wrote something down. He flipped it over and showed it to me. It read, "I forgive you. I'm sorry if I made you upset. Let's play again once you get out."

Why was he apologizing to me? I hurt him. I shook my head, tears still streaming down my face. Five looked at me, his eyes saddening. He wrote something down again and showed it to me.

 He wrote something down again and showed it to me