𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

THE DAY THAT WASN'T

WE GOT TELEPORTED to an unfamiliar place

WE GOT TELEPORTED to an unfamiliar place. I felt my stomach churn, feeling myself grow sick. I swear I was going to puke. Time traveling is way worse than teleporting. I looked around, noticing that my surroundings were a bit old fashioned. If I were to guess, we were in the 1950's.

The Handler was talking to Five, but knowing me, I paid no attention. I looked around, spotting women in formal clothes. Gosh, I wish I could wear one of those. Maybe if I worked here, I could possibly get my hands on some, steal a pair if I must.

Ever since we arrived here, Five hasn't released my hand. If anything, he was holding my hand tighter than before.

We walked into the grand building. I whistled while looking at everything. Holy shit, I could get used to this place.

"We'd like to discuss the logistics of our family's safety at your earliest convenience. As well as this body replacement." I heard Five say.

"Such chutzpah. It's refreshing, I'll admit. Slow down, Five. All in good time. Be more like (Y/N), she sure is enjoying this." The Handler pointed me out.

I chuckled nervously as Five glared at me. I gave him a look of confusion, pouting my lips. Am I not supposed to enjoy this wonderful place?

"In fact, now that you've finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world."

She gave us a tour, explaining how management works. Whenever the timeline is changed because of a person, the Commission gets a report. The field reports are sorted and assigned to a case manager. And they determine whether they need to be removed.

We walked into a room full of pneumatic tubes. These are how the case managers send instructions for the assassins.

"Any queries so far?" The Handler asked.

"Yeah. Who was the case manager handing us?" Five questioned.

"Ah. You mean the apocalypse." The Handler caressed Five's cheek. I grimaced in disgust. God, she really is a pedophile. Lady, if you don't get your hands off of him, you won't have a hand left.

"Five, (Y/N), meet Dot." She introduced us to a friendly woman. Dot waved at us and gave us a welcoming smile. Creepy, but welcoming.

I gave her a small wave and smiled back. "Dot is responsible for all apocalypse matters. In fact, it was Dot here who first flagged your appearance in 2019." The Handler patted her back.

"No hard feelings."

"Well, you two certainly put us through the ringer. Outsmarting two of our so-called best temporal assassins." She placed her arms on our shoulders. "If that doesn't spell leadership material..." The Handler raised her voice, making everyone turn around. Wow, this is embarrassing.