𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

I HEARD A RUMOR

I WAITED IN the hallway with Allison and Sergeant Cheddar

I WAITED IN the hallway with Allison and Sergeant Cheddar. Mr. Luntz was doing some check ups. So for us to question him more, we had to stay put.

"Hey, Dale?" A nurse strode towards us. She seemed uneasy. "Have you seen Mr. Luntz? I took him to X-ray, and then he disappeared."

Allison and I locked eyes. We both knew who did this.

"You better let security know. I'll call it in." Sergeant Cheddar said.

"Oh, wait, one more thing. Do you recognize this woman?" Allison showed the picture of Vanya to the nurse.

"She left with Mr. Peabody this morning." The nurse answered. She left quickly afterwards.

"This morning?"

"They must've been here when we stopped by the cabin" I chewed on my fingernail. All I could think about was Vanya.

"Maybe they went back there. Let's go get our sister." Allison nudged me back to reality.

"Whoa, hold on. We got a missing victim and this guy might be dangerous. I need you to stay here." Sergeant Cheddar stopped us.

We already know that he's dangerous. That's why we're trying to get our sister back! I mentally screamed.

He walked away from us so he could alert the other officers about the missing victim. Did he really think we were gonna stay put?

Allison and I hastily walked back to the car.

~~~☂️~~~

We made it back to the cabin. Allison and I quickly walked up to the front porch. Something was... off. It was really windy for some odd reason, everything was swaying and creaking.

But I heard it, those lovely tunes that I've missed so dearly. "Vanya? Is that you?" Allison shouted. No answer.

She opened the door. Vanya was playing the violin. "Vanya, there you are. What is going on?" Allison asked, concerned.

"Vanny!" I beamed, smiled at her.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked as she stopped playing.

"We came to find you. Are you okay?" I asked. It seemed like we weren't welcomed here.

"Yeah." Vanya responded dryly.