Ch 06: Lake

They surprisingly survived and finally they are able to breathe properly however both of their hearts were still beating fast processing on what had happened just now.

Ruby palace was also thrown into chaos since the two princess wasn't in the bed like they should have been.

And with their surprise they saw Athanasia and Ambrosia in the arms of the emperor's royal guard.

Lily quickly placed the princesses in her arms protecting them. "His majesty said he would come visit princess Ambrosia and princess Athanasia in the near future." The royal guard spoke which caught many attention.

'eh?'

'what does he want to do with us?'

"Princesses are you hur-" Lily cut herself off seeing the two princesses looking pale. They should empty out their stomach first before going to bed.

***

Sitting on their bed while lost on their thoughts, they probably have many questions inside them and thinking of a new plan.

It would be much more easy for them if they knew that they were both reincarnated. They would make such a teamwork.

"Alright, princesses it's time to go sleep." Lily came in and smiled. Tonight both of them will sleep at the same room as Athanasia requested for Ambrosia to sleep at her room.

"Tuck us in lily.." Athy uttered still lost on her thoughts just like Rosia who didn't even know that Lily had came in into Athanasia's bedroom.

***

"Lilian York, Long time no see." Another day started and it started with Rosia and Athy waking up and finding their selves already Infront of the emperor.

'like she would be pleased to see you.'

"Blessings and Glory upon the sun of the obelian empire." Lily bowed infront of while the two princesses were just looking down avoiding the emperor's gaze.

"I haven't been able to pay enough attention to my two daughters due to my duties at court." Ambrosia silently scoffed hearing his statement. "But still Athanasia and Ambrosia has grown into such a healthy child, The credits belongs to you."

"Thank you, Your majesty." Lily again bowed lifing her dress slightly, On the other hand, Athanasia is probably cursing him in her mind.

"However, from now on, I will be looking into the princesses well being. There will be no need to worry." He added which caught the two princess's attention. They tilted their head just to see the emperor smiling at them.

'did he just smile at us!?'

'that's rare.'

'but please be so kind and continue ignoring our existence I still haven't plan a new way of escaping with my sister!'

"Starting today, princess Ambrosia and princess Athanasia will be treated as a proper princess."

'I rather drink milk than to live with you!'

"I think you got chubbier since I last saw you." He stated looking at Athanasia. "And also you."

"You look pretty too papa!" Athanasia complimented looking at her father with a grin in her face.

So far they met with the emperor two times and had some sweet and scary father daughter times.

"Follow me." With that he walked away leaving the two princesses who were sighing in relief.

"Took you long enough." Claude spoke finally seeing the princesses Infront of him. "Get ready and join me, We're gonna ride this thing."

"But your majesty, I worry the princesses being around water is-"

"What's there to worry about, when their with me?" He asked without giving a single glance to any of them.
"Don't you want to join me?"

"Yep, Athy and Rosia wants to go with papa too!" Rosia looked at her in horror, this past few days Athy has been giving Rosia nightmares with including her in everything she says whenever the emperor is offering or asking something.

She doesn't want to join them in the ride but then again something might happened bad to her sister and so she agreed. Rosia smiled and nodded her head many times while humming.

With that the emperor lifted them one by one placing them on the boat's sit. As the boat started moving Athanasia took a peek at the side of the boat.

"What are you thinking about?"

...

"Your hair is sparkly and pretty, papa!" She grinned looking at her sister with an expression that says 'help me.'

"Yes! Me and Athy likes sparkly things!" Rosia to the rescue stated with a wide smile on her face.

Athy sighed quietly then went back on smiling like usual. "Is that so?..that reminds me, your sister had a jewel pouch with her that day."

'why are saying this to me, talk to her not me!'

'I'm sorry Athy but you're all by yourself.'

She thought wiping her fake tears from the side of her eyes. The emperor then turned his gaze towards Athanasia who's sweating. "I kept your treasures safe and sound, why don't you come and retrieve them with your sister next time?"

"O-ofcourse papa!"

After a while the ride fell silent and it was awkward for the two princess. "Huh?" Ambrosia heard her sister mumble and took a glance. She then saw her sister looking at a certain flower.

"Woah! Isn't that a lotus?" Ambrosia spoke getting the emperor's attention, He turned his gaze at Ambrosia then at Athanasia.

In her surprise her sister started reaching the flower. "A-Athy, You might fall." She warned.

"Don't worry I won't, Just a little mo-"

Splash!

"ATHY!" Ambrosia watched her sister in horror, she looked at the emperor who is just staring at her sister watching her drown. "Do something!!"

"And why should I?" Ambrosia started to get pissed off and glared at her so called father.

"Save her!! Is her death that entertaining? You jerk!!" She yelled which caught Lily's attention from afar.

"Princess!" Lily looked at the drowning princess from afar then looked at the emperor who was staring at Ambrosia.

"If you're not gonna do anything then I'll save h-"

"Stay here." Ambrosia stopped and looked at the emperor standing up from his sit.

And with just one blink he had already jumped in.

Splash!

"Princess! Are you alright?" Asked by lily who's currently guiding Athanasia.

Ambrosia looked at her sister worriedly then at the emperor looking down at her sister.

The emperor then glanced at Ambrosia which made her looked away.

'that's so scary, I hope he doesn't remember that I called him a jerk..'

"Felix."

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"Teach Athanasia and Ambrosia how to swim." He ordered turning around.
"It would be a shame if an emperor's daughters drowned to death in a mere lake." And just like that he walked away not even bothering to checked at his own daughter.

'Evil bastard'

"It's okay, It's okay now princess." Lily assured her cupping her face with her hands as Ambrosia watched her sister coughing pitifully.