Ch 24: Debutante Ball

All you can hear in the crowd was people chatting and laughing while the others were just drinking wine alone.

"Make way for his majesty emperor Claude De Alger Obelia!" A sudden voice spoke catching all of the people attention. "And her highness Athanasia De Alger Obelia and her highness Ambrosia De Alger Obelia!!"

The door opened reveal a three figure walking towards the entrance. The crowds looked up seeing the three staring at them.

Athanasia was on the other side as well as Ambrosia while their father was in the middle.

All of the people stared at the princesses which made them nervous. "What's the matter?" Claude asked noticing the sudden change of their aura.

They didn't bother to answer the emperor and instead looked at the crowd with a nervous face.

Claude had noticed why their aura suddenly changed and so he raised his head glaring at the crowded people.

All of them suddenly bowed which confused the two. "I can make them keep their heads down like that until the ceremony is over, if the two of you like."

"No, It's okay daddy, because we have you by our side." Athanasia said smiling which Ambrosia had agreed to.

With that they started going down with their father guiding them. "I didn't take you both for the type to get nervous about such trivial things."

"Considering how both of you were ripping my hair out and slapping my face when you were little, Dancing in front on a crowd shouldn't be much of an ordeal." He added making the two froze in their spot. "Let's add the moment Ambrosia has called me a jerk for not saving her older sister."

Ambrosia smiled sheepishly at her father. "I don't remember such things, papa."

"Me, neither." Athanasia responded smiling.

"You both were a insolent little things, even back then." He commented while walking.

"Ah, stop teasing us daddy." As they made it to the front, Ambrosia wishpers a goodluck to Athy as letting go of her father's hand.

They bowed at each other as the music started, After a while they started dancing while the crown looked at them gracefully.

As Rosia was watching she noticed her sister accidentally stomping on their father's foot which made her almost laugh out loud.

She covered her mouth chuckling at such a view but then their father covered it by lifting Athanasia as he twirled her around.

With that he danced until they reach Rosia's placed, He smoothly let go of Athanasia taking Rosia's hand which shocked her a little.

While the music continued the both of them where dancing until they made it to the very front as Athanasia looked at them with a smile and is probably still worried if anyone saw her stepping on their father's foot.

"How's your feet papa?" She asked giggling.

"So, you saw?" She nodded smiling. "Are you nervous?"

"A little, I'm worried I might also stepped on your other feet." She joked.

He hummed twirling her around like he did to her sister. "Papa, you're quite strong." Amazed by her father's strength she smiled.

"I've forgot you were a different person, no matter how similar you look." He said. "I've been quite foolish."

She smiled again and spoke. "Papa has a great taste on girls." She teased.

"Day by day you seem to get bolder." He emitted.

As the music stopped both of them also stopped walking towards Athanasia.

They all three bowed at each other making the audience clap, what a beautiful sight.

"You two did well." He praised.

"I'll even do better next time." Claude nodded.

"And do try not to stepped on my foot." Ambrosia chuckled looking at her sister.

Athanasia sheepishly smiled at him scratching the back of her neck.

After the first debutante dance from the 14 years old princesses, the other girls who had turned 14 that year danced with their partners.

While looking around, Rosia had spotted two person talking together, it was sir Roger and someone with a black hair.

And she clearly knows who is it. She still needs to be careful, once they tell Claude that his real child is Jennette even tho it's not, not just Athanasia will die but also her.

She needs to be more aware on the surroundings around her. She promised herself the day she found out she was reincarnated in the novel, she'd protect Athanasia.

But even if they tell Claude about Jennette.

How will he react?