Ch 49: Past Memories

"L-late emperor!?" Ambrosia and Athanasia widened their eyes as the nobles were gasping. "Duke Alpheus what is the meaning of this!?" One of the nobles said in shock.

"Y-you.." Ambrosia mumbled backing away a bit. "Viscount.. Patterson." She mumbled again for them not to hear.

'No wonder he's suspicious.'

"Duke Alpheus, are you the one who brought this man into the palace?" Asked by Felix taking his sword out.
"Do you think his majesty will forgive you for this?"

"Sheath your sword, Felix Robane." He shrugged. "Who do you think, I'am?"

Athanasia then gulped piercing a glare at the previous emperor. "Let me ask you a question."

"Are you our uncle?"

"Yes, Princess Athanasia." He answered with a sinister smile plastered around his face. "I believe this is the first time we've officially met."

"I was under assumption that you've already passed away, uncle." Athanasia looked at him with her sharp glare. "I'm surprised to see that you've been alive all this time."

"I know, right? I apologize for showing up without notice." He again smiled.

"May I ask why you have decided to return to the palace, uncle?" She asked.

"As a forgotten person, I planned to quietly leave the empire." He explained. "However I heard a rumor that forced my hand in coming back to fullfil my duties to the nation."

"How beautiful have you become, princesses?" He smiled changing the topic. "Oh, isn't that my second niece?" He said looking at Ambrosia.

"Don't cha-"

"How lovely." He again smiled sinisterly looking at Ambrosia.

Ambrosia then let out a shakey breathe feeling a little cold as everything went black.

"W-what?" She uttered looking around.

"Where am I?" She yelled only for her voice to echo.

"My, my, look at you." A voice spoke.

"Who are you!? What did you do to me!?" She yelled turning around.

She ran and ran.

And ran until she collapses. "Give it up, little sister."

"What?.." she uttered. "Lucas! Athanasia! Felix!!" She called helplessly.

"Calling your new sister, are you?" The voice again spoke.

"Shut up! Get me out of here!!" She shouted once again. "Who even are you!?"

"Before I let you sleep...I want to show you a little flashback." He chuckled. "Why don't you look at it?"

She turned around seeing a big screen. There, She saw an emperor and a blonde haired boy standing Infront of.."Lucas?.." She uttered.

She then looked at the other side where Lucas is looking, she saw a cute child that has white hair and her jeweled eyes. "What..is this?"

"Why can't I teach this thing, instead?" Lucas spoke on the screen. "She has quite potential." He smirked as the screen faded away just for the mysterious voice to replaced it with a new one.

This time, they were a bit older than the last time they were shown on the screen.

"Oy! Be careful, you're gonna fall!" Lucas shouted looking at the white haired girl laughing.

"It's okay, you're gonna save me, right? Luc-ass?" The albino teased climbing the tree.

"Why are you showing this to me?" She questioned then her eyes caught something, Behind the tree there's the boy that was also shown in the screen a while ago secretly looking at them.