Ch 43: Jealousy

"Princess!"

"Princess!"

"The young master of the house Alpheus has requested an audience!" Hannah exclaimed in excitement.

"Athy is not here." Rosia said feeding the bird Ijekiel had given to Athanasia. "Papa has requested for her presence."

"What about you princess?"

"I was too lazy to go so I excused my self." She shrugged, it would have been easy for her it's not like the emperor is gonna care for her.

He forgot his memories after all. "Then why don't you go instead?"

"No, I ca-"

***

And here she is.

"It's been a while princess." Ijekiel smiled sitting infront of him.

"Ah..yes, It's quite disappointing that Athy isn't here." Rosia smiled knowing that the reason he's here is to see her.

"Have you been well, princess?" He asked taking a bite on his cake.

"Yes, everything seems to be back to normal, for now atleast." She smiled scratching the back of her neck. "How about you?"

"I've been well, your highness."

"That's good to know."

And another silent was heard from the room, it was really awkward when it comes to them if only athanasia is there to help them.

"I've heard from Jennette that you've been well." He said trying to make another topic. "Jennette really likes you."

"She does?" She smiled brightly taking a sip of her lippe tea. "I'm glad."

"She keeps praising you on how kind you are." Rosia smiled once again. "Jennette is...a kind child."

'You think as if you're already an adult, I envy you.'

"She's like my younger sister."

"Ah, yes, I think she's a great friend for me, she's really kind." Ambrosia smiled recalling the times Jennette had helped her. "She probably doesn't notice this but.."

"She's really a great friend and I appreciate her for that." Ijekiel only stared at her which made her panic.

"Ah! I'm sorry! I didn't mea-"

"Jennette would be glad to hear this from you, princess." Ambrosia stopped looking at him then smiled.

Suddenly a knock interrupted them, the door then slammed opened revealing the wizard.

"I apologize for interrupting your conversation." He said stopping his tracks turning his gaze towards Ambrosia. "Princess."

"It's time for me to escort you." Ambrosia looked at him confused then made an 'O' expression.

"Ah, yes! I apologize but I need to go now." She smiled walking towards Lucas. "I'll see you next time."

"I'll see you out princess." Ijekiel stood up from his sit and was about to go towards Rosia not until Lucas covered her using his cloak.

"You should head back, young master." Ijekiel then looked at Lucas in annoyance.

"You're late for your classes, princess." Ambrosia smiled knowing too well that she doesn't have any class at all.

"You're red." He said cupping her cheeks with his right hand. "Do you have a fever?"

"N-no, it's just.. it's getting hot in here."

"Now, now, let's go." Lucas was about to walk away not until Ijekiel ran towards the princess before fixing her hair.

"Your hair is a mess princess, I thought maybe I'd fix it." He smiled looking at Lucas.

"Ah, Thank you."

"Should I just kill him?" He mumbled enough for Ambrosia to hear.

"We really need to go! Bye!" She said after hearing Lucas, with that she pushed Lucas towards the exit nervously.

***

"What are you doing?" He asked, After the intense meeting with the two Ambrosia can only think of nothing but to play with his hair.

"Calming myself." She answered.

"You think this is calming?" She hummed as she continued playing with it.

'Ijekiel likes Athy, right?'

'So what happened just now?'

'Is he being a red flag now by liking the both of us?'

'Although in the original story, Jennette's partner was Ijekiel.'

'So the plot did change after all.'

'then what about ije-'

"What are you thinking?" He asked grabbing her wrist.

"Huh?"

"What?"

"I asked you what you were thinking about." He scoffed cutting his hair using his magic.

"Why did you cut it! I have nothing to play with anymore.." she sulked leaning on the sofa.

"What are you? A child?"

"Don't give up." He suddenly said, Ambrosia hummed looking at him in confusion. "I'll help you do don't give up."

"What are you.. I'm not giving up, so what are you saying?" She asked.

'If things goes wrong I'm gonna save Athy so what do you mean by that?'

"Were you thinking about him?"

"Who?"

"That dog."

"Ofcourse you were, I was right." Ambrosia quick got up pointing at him.

"What are you a mind reader!?"

"Do you like guys like him?" He asked with a blank expression.

"No, he's not my type." Lucas then stood up pulling her closer to him shocking her. "Wha-"

"I'm glad."