Ch 38: Obstacles

"Go to palace, you say?" Athanasia asked laying on Jennette's bed with food on her mouth while holding a book.

As for Ambrosia she was sitting on the sofa also reading a book, what's there to do after all?

"Yes, he wants to take me on behalf of Ijekiel." She answered. "So, I won't be here tomorrow at noon."

"I see, safe travels." Athanasia smiled. Ambrosia hummed while reading the book.

"Princess Ambrosia, What are you reading? You seem to be focused on your book." Jennette asked smiling.

"Oh? It's actually a historical book." She smiled as she continued reading. "It's about the previous emperors"

"Oh, I think I have read it before!" Jennette smiled then looked at her with a glimpse on her eyes. "Now that I remember it, I once saw that you have the same name as the previous princess back then!"

"Oh, really?" Athanasia said with an interest getting up from the bed as she walked towards them.

"Yes, If I'm not wrong, Aeternithas sister is named Ambrosia just like the princess!" Jennette smiled. "Although I heard from the others that princess Ambrosia was treated badly."

"How so?" Rosia asked closing the book focusing on Jennette. "I'm taking an interest on her, How did she die?"

"Others say that Aeternithas killed her using black magic while some says it was because of her illness." Jennette answered.

"She was also treated badly considering that her mother was a commoner yet her siblings was jealous of her having such a pretty face."

"Ohh, I wanna see her face." Rosia smiled brightly imagining the previous princess's face while Athanasia nodded smiling. "Jennette, how did you know all about this?"

"Oh..I was reading a different historical book and I saw your name..I got interested and..I asked uncle questions about her.." she smiled looking away being fluttered. "I got interested since she has the same name as you, princess."

"How fluttering." Rosia chuckled.

***

Another day has passed today is the day Jennette is gonna go to the palace with his uncle.

"I see, mister is busy." Jennette mumbled before walking away from the room to take a fresh air.

"Ah, it's so bright." Jennette smiled looking at clear sky with birds flying around. "The flowers here have all fallen."

"Huh?" Noticing a human figure she quickly walked towards it and to her surprised it was the emperor laying down

"Your Majesty!!"

"Daddy!!"

"Papa!!"

All of them looked at each other then at the emperor. "Princesses, I think the emperor is waking up now."

"Please hurry and hide."

"Yes, we will go now." With that Athanasia held Ambrosia's hand running away.

"Agh.."

"Your majesty, don't worry, someone will come soon.." Jennette assured guiding him. "Your majesty, are you alright?"

"What..why are yo- agh!" He gripped his hair as Jennette got more worried.

"A knight will come soon." Jennette looked down feeling useless that she couldn't even do anything but to calm the emperor down.

"Your majesty! Are you alright?" Soon Felix and the others came to the emperor with a worried expression. "Thank you, young lady."

"His majesty, will be extremely grateful." Jennette sighed in relief then smiled at them as she looked at them walking away.

"I'm glad."

***

"His majesty has granted you an audience."

"Pardon?"

"Good job Jennette!" The duke grabbed her shoulders praising her.

"Am I allowed to meet his majesty?" She said with a confused look. The duke then calmed down sitting on the sofa with a smile, no, it's a smirk.

"That's right." He answered. "But how did you end up at the emerald palace?"

"Do you know how surprised am I when I received the message?"

"I was just looking around.. I'm sorry." She responded then looked down.

"No, it's alright. Thanks to that, you had a conversation with his majesty." He responded smiling proudly.

"Um, Is his majesty, alright?" She asked worriedly tilting her head. "I don't know the details, but mister knight took him away after he regained consciousness.."

"His majesty will be alright. You have nothing to worry about."

***

"Princesses, May I ask what were you doing there?" Jennette asked sitting infront of the princesses who's sweat dropping.

"Ah, we were bored so.." Athanasia averted her eyes smiling sheepishly.

"Oh, I just got surprised that you were there." She then laughed covering her mouth. "And um...I was granted an audience with his majesty."

"Pardon?" The both said at the same time as their eyes looked at her with a mixed expression. Nervous and scared.

"I think it's to reward me as a sign of gratitude.." she glanced at the table looking away from them.

"Really? That's great!" Athanasia let out a small smile. "When are you going?"

"I'm not sure yet.."

Now that the emperor asked for an audience with Jennette, what will happen? Will the original plot gonna happen after all?