Ch 35: Walk of Death

"Should I just kill the two of you?"

"Your majesty!" Felix called. "Your majesty! Pease remain calm!"

"Felix Robane." He called sending him with a sharp glare. "Do you wish to be executed for treason?" Felix remained silent looking at the princesses with pity.

"Padma Baek." He called the old man standing at the side. "What do you think of the wenches kneeling before me?"

"Are they not the princesses? Athanasia De Alger Obelia and Ambrosia De Alger Obelia?" He asked with a small smile.

"Wrong."

"These wenches is neither my daughters nor a princess." He coldly sent a glare making them shiver. "These two who's kneeling before me now is merely a sinner."

He's like a sculpture of ice, without a single drop of blood in his veins. Someone who has never called his daughters name with warmth.

The heartless emperor from the book.

"It was my intent to kill them should they appear before me again." He looked down at them with no mercy at all. "But I'am not inclinded to see blood shed today, what a shame."

"My interest has waned, The banquet shall end here."

"Take that wenches out of my sight." He ordered, four guard came to them holding their arms.

"Let go!!" Ambrosia shouted catching everyone's attention. "There is no need, we will leave with our own two feet."

"I doubt you will accept our congratulations on this happy occasion." Ambrosia stood up along with her sister who's looking at her.

"As you wish, we shall take their leave." Ambrosia bowed with her dull eyes, she looked at her sister mouthing her a 'let's go.'

Athanasia nodded holding her hand firmly. "Blessings and glory upon the son of the obelian empire." They both greeted bowing lifting their dress slightly.

"I sincerely congratulate you on your day of birth, your majesty." Athanasia let out a small smile before walking away with her sister.

Ambrosia gave her one last look at the emperor as the emperor saw how dull her eyes is.

It almost looks like his eyes when he was a kid.

***

The door slammed open revealing the emperor walking fastly towards his desk banging on it.

He removed his cloak touching his had stressfully recalling the second princess's eyes.

'Papa!' a nickname that was speaking on his mind. "I feel like I've lost something."

"What is it?"

"Who is it?"

***

"Are we gonna live like this forever?" Athanasia asked her sister who's currently hugging her.

"No, we still have hope.. don't give up, Athy." She said as the image of the ravenette flashed on her mind. "He'll get his memories back."

"I promise."

"Is he gonna kill us?" Athanasia suddenly asked, as those few pages she have read recalled through her mind.

Remembering how Athanasia was killed by her own father, now that Ambrosia is here. She'll be involved here.

Which Athanasia doesn't want to happen. She'll do anything to save her and Ambrosia.

"He won't, hopefully." She uttered patting her sister's back. "For now."

"We'll just have to stay out of his sight."

***

"Princesses, would you like to at least go for a stroll? The weather is quite lovely today." Hannah knocked on the door where Ambrosia and Athanasia is.

They got no respond so then Lily decided to enter just to find them sulking. "Princesses.." She called.

She sighed then walked towards them dragging the both of them. "Both of you should keep moving at times like this."

"Noo." They both uttered as Lily continued dragging them.

"There, see? The weather is lovely today." Lily smiled then bid her goodbye to the princesses before closing the main door on the palace.

"Hah, It's too bright." Athanasia mumbled enough for Ambrosia to hear.

"We haven't gone outside for a while now.. let's walk." Ambrosia let out a small smile before holding her sister's hand.

"It feels different." Athanasia said looking on the ground as well as her sister.

Ambrosia hummed lazily walking. "It feels weird to be walking without him." Ambrosia hummed picking one red rose from the bushes.

"As I thought, I shouldn't have let the two of you live." A voice suddenly spoke startling them.

The voice was way too familiar, the voice they heard when they first met the emperor.

Those cold gazes and aura on his was enough for them to be scared. "If I had removed the two of you from my sight when I first day you."

"There would be no reason for that face to weigh the both of you on my mind like this till now." Ambrosia felt shivers through her spine as she firmly held her sister's hand.

With that he attacked them however a shield suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "How funny, that protection magic undoubtedly holds my mana."

"Mana does not lie . I must have been the one to layer protection magic on that bodies." He let out a small smirked for them not to notice. "Yet I will also be the one to destroy it."

"What an absurd faces."

"That expressions." He looked at their faces with a lazy look as he continued. "They're offensive."

"In that case, If I get rid of it, this will end."