Ch 51: World Tree

"Rosia!!" Athanasia quickly ran towards her hugging her sister. "You're awake, finally!" She cried out, sobbing in her shoulder.

"You'll get my shoulder wet." Ambrosia joked hugging her back.

"Ah, looks like the two sisters have reunited." And there she is, back on the dark again.

"What do you want from me!?" She shouted, tears again escaped her eyes. "Just...stop."

"Rosia? Are you okay!?" Athanasia spoke seeing her sister have collapsed on the ground breathing heavily.

Lucas then ran towards her carrying her, bringing her to the sofa. "Can you hear me?"

"Lucas?" She uttered, tears were still running from her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, it may not look like it, but he's sincerely worried for her.

"You're real, right?" She wishpers sniffing. "You're not just a imagination, right?"

"I'm real, idiot, what are you talking about?" He touched her forehead. "You're not burning, what's wrong?"

"Rosia, Are you sure, you're feeling fine? Go get some rest." Athanasia said sitting infront of her.

"I don't wanna sleep." She mumbled. "If I sleep..then I might wake up there."

"Where?" Lucas asked holding her shoulders. "Tell me."

"He keeps bringing me there, I don't want to be there!" She exclaimed. "It's the worst.." She again cried out, it was the first time she have ever cried like this infront of the two.

Lucas suddenly hugged her making her gasped a little. "Who? And where?" He asked gently patting her back.

"Black and.. flashback of his memory, worst scenarios." She answered sobbing. Lucas and Athanasia looked at each other then at her.

"Rosia, Who is it?" She asked.

"I-I don't know." She answered silently. "Lucas..was there..in his memories.."

"Me?" He was a bit taken a back by the sudden statement of the princess. "Did you see his face, atleast? In the memory?"

"Blonde and white haired girl infront of you." Lucas fell silent, He knew exactly who it was and why he's doing this to her.

Lucas then broke the hug placing her head on his lap. "Sleep." He removed his cloak placing it to her body as a blanket.

"I do-"

"You're with me, so nothing will happen." He assured playing with her hair, he then snapped his fingers as the princess fell asleep.

"Why did you do that? She just woke up." Athanasia asked.

"She needs it." He answered bluntly still playing with her hair.

"Do you know what's she's talking about?" Athanasia asked again changing the topic.

"I might."

"What do you mean?"

"It's complicated." He answered shrugging looking at Ambrosia who's peacefully sleeping.

"What do you mean complicated?" She deadpanned. "I'm sure, I can understand it." She huffed.

"Right, my question earlier, would you mind answering it?" The ravenette hummed in response busy playing with Ambrosia's hair.

"The thing you went searching for before, I've heard it can act as a panacea for an illness." Lucas tilted his head looking at Athanasia. "And with it you were able to recover all your mana."

"If it's the fruit of the world tree, don't you think dad could get better?"

"It might..be possible."

"What?" She looked at her with hope in her eyes. "It's possible!?"

"No, I said it might be." He deadpanned.

"Go on, explain it to me!"

"It might be possible, but without a precedent, there's no guarantee." He explained. "And it'll take at least another century before it bears more fruit."

"Wait.. how were you able to recover your mana if there weren't any fruit left?" Athanasia asked.

"I took it by force from the world tree itself."

"Oh."

"But I do have this." He said as a bright white branch appeared in his hand.

"W-what's that?"

"A branch from the world tree." He responded. "I brought it to use for something else, but.."

"Something else like what?" Lucas looked at Ambrosia then at Athanasia with his blank expression. "Rosia?"

"Just..there was something." He retorted looking away with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Anyways, if we use this then dad can get better?" She asked looking at the bright branch. "Then let's use it right now!" She suddenly touched it as the ravenette's crimson eyes widened.

"Wait, hold on!-"

***

Soon Athanasia woke up finding herself on the sofa infront of them. "Had fun there?" He asked bluntly looking at Ambrosia's hair while playing with it.

"Why am I on the sofa?" She got up sitting on the sofa looking at the ravenette.

"It's a dangerous object but since you have a pea sized brain you grabbed it just like that." He shrugged.

"Take out the world tree branch again, I can do it." She smiled widely ignoring his insult. "I can cure, dad!"

"Even if we do utilize the world tree, there's no guarantee your dad will get better." He said. "Not only is there no precedence your dad's unconscious, and wouldn't be able to even use the method of inducing the mana."

"I can do that!"

"What?"

"It's because dad got caught up in our mana explosion that he lost his memories and hurt himself." She explained. "So, If I directly use the world tree, it should be possible."

"How did you know that?"

"Oh, when I met the world tree, it told me about that method!" She smiled widely. "It's because I begged the world tree!"

"Did it told you that if you use that method, there's a chance you might die?" He said. "How reckless."

"..no.." she looked down. "But there's a possibility I might now die."

"And do you really think your sister would allow you?" He asked leaning on the sofa carefully to not wake the princess up. "If you die, your sister would be alone saving your dad's ass."

"Does that not matter to you?"