Ch 15: Little Talk

"Seriously, Why are these so good? Ask the maid for more when she comes in." Currently there's a man sitting on the sofa facing Ambrosia who's currently looking annoyed.

"What? you want some of these? Wanna trade?" He asked munching his chocolate.

"No way! I don't want it and I'm not trading!!" Ambrosia exclaimed hugging Ryu tightly in her arms in order to protect him from the moron she's currently talking to.

"Even if that thing is the reason why you were like that in the first place." He said while munching chocolates.

"What?"

"You keep touching it like that so the mana got absorbed back into your body and caused all this hullabaloo." He explained while he continued. "It's rare but it seems that your mana has a strong will to return to you or you just have way too much."

"Oh yeah, turns out your dad isn't the son of Aetarnithas?" He smiled like a kid which is pretty cute on him.

"Are you stupid? Aetarnithas has been dead for over 200 years already." She said while petting Ryu who seems to like it. "Also.. about what you said earlier..does that mean I can't spend time with Ryu anymore?"

He looked at her for a while then began laughing which annoyed the princess. "You take me for an idiot who can't even solve a puny problem like that?"

"You think I'd end up killing someone I just saved?" He looked at Ryu then at her who's already looking at him as if she wanted to kill him. "You should be grateful that I stopped your dad from killing that thing."

"Anyways, Your dad seems to really care for you and your sister, he tried to slay that thing including your sister's the moment he heard that it was the reason you were dying."

"Really? He did that?" He hummed taking more chocolates in his hand and eating it all at the same time.

"It would actually have been more dangerous if he had, since all the mana this holy beast was holding would have flowed back into you." He explained while chuckling.

"Then has Ryu been avoiding me because he thought it might be dangerous for me if we were together?" She questioned looking at Ryu with a soft smile.

"No? How do you expect them to be that smart? They just follow the owner's tendencies like how you and Ryu both go crazy over chocolates." He again explained.

"How did you know that?" Rosia asked suspiciously. He shrugged and continued eating chocolates ignoring her question.

"You actually hate me right?" He suddenly said making Rosia flinched. "And you want me to get out of your sight this instant and you never want to see me again, right?"

"See? This thing squirms uncontrollably everytime I touch it because of you." He said holding Ryu like he did when they first met.

"It's only natural for Ryu to be scared of you, since you keep talking about you want to eat him!" She defended.

"Woah, does that me you don't hate me? What a relief. You know I'm actually really fragile and shy, It totally breaks my heart if someone does like me, especially when it's you." Rosia looked at him confused.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Forget that I said that and also your mana was tasty." He said laying down on the sofa.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't look at me like that, I only ate some mana that was misbehaving there isn't any other way to get rid of it anyways." Ambrosia then sighed in relief.

"Take this, your sister is coming." He threw Ryu into Rosia's hand as she glared at him.

"Rosia!!" The door opened wide revealing a cute little figure running towards her.

"Athy!" Athy sat beside her and look at the long haired man.

"Oh! It's Mister weirdo!"

"Mister weirdo? Pft.." Ambrosia covered her mouth holding her laugh.

"Yeah! I caught him talking to you while you were unconscious last month ago when he had first visited you." Ambrosia looked at the long haired man who is calmly eating chocolates avoiding her gaze.

"I knew it, you're a creepy old man on disguise, you're probably a villain who's trying to kill me by chanting some spells!" Ambrosia said teasingly.

"Now, that's just some foolish story that happens in books." He rolled his eyes while still munching his new favorite chocolate.