Ch 42: Lucas

"The princesses have returned!" All the news was all over the empire.

"Thank goodness they've returned." Some of the maids were gossiping about them returning as the two only say at the sofa waiting for Jennette.

"Princesses." A familiar voice called catching their attention.

"Jennette." They both said in union.

"His majesty has fallen asleep." She smiled assuring them. "It seemed like he didn't get a lot of sleep last night either.."

"They said that he'll feel better soon if he rest a bit more like this." The two sighed in relief.

"I'm glad."

"Please sit, I'll call for some tea." Athanasia smiled before walking out of the room.

"Thank you, princess." Jennette then looked at Ambrosia who's in her deep thoughts. "Don't worry princess, his majesty will be-"

"What's with the frown?" A sudden face popped out infront of her shocking her.

"Lu..Lucas!?" She shouted standing up in shock.

"Oww, my ears."

"Lucas! Come here for a second!" She said desperately dragging him. "Jennette, excuse us for a bit, tell Athy that this bastard is back."

"Calm down, I understand that you're happy to see me after so long-" He got cut off by Ambrosia pinning him to the wall.

"What took you so long!?" She asked angrily. "Do you know how long I've been waiting!?" A tear escaped from her eyes sniffing.

"W-what? Why are you being like this?.. Aren't you too close?" He stuttered looking at her. "What happened?"

"Fix my dad!"

"Your dad?"

"While you were gone mine and Athy's magic pouted out and we almost died!" She cried out.

"What?"

"And daddy was struck with amnesa!"

"Amnesia?"

"And now he hates us and we're being confined!"

"Confined?"

"I'm telling you that daddy told us to die, so we escaped the palace, Athanasia got teleported to God knows where while I was in coma in the forest for almost a week!!" She then stopped panting gasping for an air.

"Told you to die? Coma inside the forest!?" Ambrosia ignored him and was about to speak not until he interrupted by dragging her to the nearest sofa.

"Let's calm down first." He said patting her back calming her down. "You're telling me that your dad tormented you, is that right?"

"Huh? Yeah.."

"Is that why you're crying?"

"I'm not crying!"

"Should I teach your dad a lesson?" His crimson eyes glowed looking at her.

"What do you mean teach him a lesson!? Fix him!" She said hitting his head multiple times. "Don't you dare do anything weird to my dad!"

"First thing first send her away, I'm too tired to play nice." He said pointing at the chimera who's currently talking to Athanasia.

After sending Jennette away the three soon sat on the sofa discussing. "Why did your magic poured out?"

"I made sure to take preventative measures before I left."

"There's no way I made a mistake." He said. "So your dad hasn't recovered his memories?"

Athanasia and Ambrosia nodded like a puppy looking at him. "So please world famous and amazing lord magician, please help us!" Ambrosia pleaded calling him with nicknames she knew would work. "You've grown taller and handsome since I last saw you!"

"What the- I was always tall and handsome alright?" He assured before snapping his fingers. "Anyways, I'll fix it for you."

As he snapped his fingers they quickly appeared to the emperor's room as they looked at the emperor who's sleeping peacefully at the sofa.

"Don't wake him up, he just fell asleep!" Athanasia said pulling his hair.

"Oww!"

"Woah your hair feels nice." Athanasia smiled.

"Let me go." He scoffed before looking at the emperor once again.

"Really? Let me try." Ambrosia said walking towards the magician playing with his hair. "Woah, soft."

"What do you think, can you fix him?" Athanasia asked while Ambrosia looked at Lucas waiting for his answer while playing with his hair.

"You told me, he only lost memories."

"So, why is he dying?"

***

Afterwards the three decided to go back and have a little discussion once again.

"The black magic was broken before it could be completed." He explained. "Either way, it had nothing to do with the two of you, so I didn't pay much attention to it."

"How does that work? If it was broken once then can it be broken again?" Athanasia asked, Lucas then shrugged leaning his back on the sofa.

"Maybe."

"It could be that it gradually disappeared." He stopped for a second then continued. "Or it could have happened by chance."

"But if it's broken by force your dad will die."

"T-then what do we do?" Athanasia asked worriedly. "You said he's still dying!"

"Stay close with him for now." He shrugged. "If he continues to spend more time with that chimera without the two of you, the pain will lessen but the black magic won't disappear." He added.

"And he'll die quickly."

"The more I think about it the more unfair it is." The two hummed looking at him. "It looks like I'll be fixing your dad, I'm starting to think I'm not being paid enough."

"What are you saying?" Ambrosia furrowed her eyebrows. "They're letting you live in the palace!"

"That was only to take care of you and you." He pointed at them scoffing. "Now it seems like annoying work has been dumped on me."

"I had to go straight to work as soon as I got back." He complained looking away.

'We're about to be a forgotten princess so we have nothing to give you!'

"Then what do you want a kiss?" Ambrosia huffed rolling her eyes sarcastically.

"Where?" He leaned closer to her face shocking her.

"It was a sarca-"

"In the cheek!" Athanasia smiled looking at her sister with a teasing look.

"Okay." He said sitting beside Ambrosia closing his eyes waiting for the kiss.

'Ah, Whatever!'

Chu!

Athanasia widened her eyes smiling as she clapped. "How cute!" Ambrosia was about to hit the both of them not until they heard a loud noise.

***

Shatter!

Lily who was about to come in saw the whole thing causing for her to dropped the plate.

"Why? What happened?" Felix asked worriedly protecting Lily from any danger. "What happened to the princesses?"

"T-the princess!" Felix quickly took a peek then became confused seeing the princesses safe.

"Princess Ambrosia is taking to princess Athanasia?" Lily quickly took a peek once again seeing the two talking to each other.

"A-ah yes.."

"It must have been my hallucinations.."