Ch 54: Aeternithas

It's been a few days, The previous emperor was confidently doing his work at his desk not until he heard a knock.

"What is it?" Asked by him giving him a permission to enter standing up from his sit.

"It's me, Ijekiel Alpheus." Answered by the albino entering the chamber, Anastacius hummed waiting for his next statement. "Due to the duke's condition declining, we would like to request a formal break from his duties."

"He said that himself?" He raised an eyebrow asking, Ijekiel then tilted his head looking directly at the emperor.

"No, however there is a definite need for it." He answered looking down with his dull eyes. "While I'm aware that the duke has been cruical in his assistance towards you, his condition has deteriorated to the point that he is having a difficulty even with performing daily task."

The previous emperor looked at him before sitting back down at his sit. "Such as?" He questioned.

"Like the investigation into emperor Claude's use of black magic will soon be carried out." He replied.

"I will grant him plenty of rest afterwards, be gone." He rested his chin on his hand waiting for him to leave.

"Forgive me, but there's one thing I would like to ask." He paused for a moment hesitating before even opening his mouth. "How...will the investigation be carried out?"

Anastacius clicked his tongue in response not uttering anything. He then looked at him up and down until his hand caught his attention.

"What is that you're holding?" Asked by him before standing up from his sit, Ijekiel widened his eyes tightening his hold. "Ha, you truly your father's son, aren't you?" He held his chin with his hand sending him a sharp glare.

"You dare attempt to assassinate me inside my own palace? The very audacity." He tightened his hold on his chin. "Wait.."

"This magic is..you little-" He let himself kneel down on the ground gripping his heart. "You think, you could capture me with something like this?" He said and about to attack not until someone entered the room joining them.

"Very good, after having stolen my mana, I'd be disappointed if you didn't put up more of a fight." The ravenette walked in with his sinister smile looking down at the previous emperor. "What's this a hole in your barrier?"

Anastacius widened his eyes as Lucas placed his foot on one of the stones he had put around Anastacius using his magic. "Oh? Now you're quiet." He raised an eyebrow. "Doesn't it hurt?" He looked at his injured shoulder with a smirk.

"You!-" His eyes glowed with a slight of red furrowing his eyebrows like he is ready to kill him anytime.

"The princesses told me to bring you back in one piece, so I made sure to be careful." He didn't respond which made him utter another word. "Hey, let me ask you this."

"You know who I'am, don't you?" He asked which shocked the blonde haired man. "Look at you, prancing around in your descendant's body like some evil spirit, you don't find it unseemly?"

"Ah, right, I was supposed to thank you but nevermind that, you annoy me." He scoffed crossing his arms, the previous emperor then started standing up from the ground breathing heavily.

"Coming out of nowhere like that," He breathed enough for them to hear. "I have no idea what the court magician is talking about."

"How dare you injure a member of the imperial family." He took the stone out of his shoulder yelping.

"What do you mean, injure?" He asked confusedly. "You're perfectly unharmed." He smiled healing him with his magic. "Now, I've got what I needed, let's get going." He leaned closer smirking.