Ch 25: Jennette Margarita

The second song ended. The next dance is danced together by every girl having her debut that year.

The emperor patted their back catching their attention. "Go ahead."

"Thank you daddy for tonight." Athanasia smiled as she walked away. Claude looked at his first daughter like she was gonna be gone forever.

"Papa, I'll head out and go to where my soulmates are." Ambrosia said smiling.

"Soulmate who?" He asked with a serious tone making her laugh.

"Foods!" She exclaimed laughing. "I'll remember this day papa, thank you for being our side." She smiled walking away. "I'll see you later, papa!" She said waving her hand.

***

"Woah..this all seems delicious." She drooled looking at the foods that was place on the long table.

"Lady angel?" She felt a tap on her shoulder and so she turned around seeing.

"Ijekiel Alpheus?" She questioned. "Who's lady angel?" She asked.

"You're not her? Ah! So I must have been mistaken thinking that you're lady angel." She looked at him confused not until she realized that it was Athanasia he was talking about.

It was easy for her to guest that since Athanasia has been complaining that whenever she was sent to the Alpheus's she always fall from the above which made Ijekiel gave her that kind of nickname.

Ambrosia smirked knowing that she'll have a new way on teasing her sister. "Ah, It's me her sister, Ambrosia. You can tell the difference about looking at our eyes, see?"

"Ah, right, I'm sorry your highness. It was almost similar to hers that I didn't notice." Ambrosia smiled at him and spoke.

"It's alright, she's probably dancing with the other girls, right there." She pointed at the girls who were currently dancing and there they spotted Athanasia smiling.

"Why don't you join them, your highness?" He asked, She can already tell that Lucas and him were on the same height.

"I rather picked foods over dancing." She smiled which made him chuckle.

Ambrosia and Ijekiel talked for a while, On the other hand Ambrosia was happily talking to him about her sister, teasing them forgetting that she's currently talking to the male lead from the book she got reincarnated to.

"Ah, it seems like we enjoyed talking and didn't even notice the time." Ijekiel said. "Pardon me but I should go now, princess, my sister is probably looking for me. It was nice talking to you."

"Ah, yeah sure! It was also nice talking to you." Ambrosia waved her goodbye as she saw his figure faded away from afar. "Lady angel, huh? that's cute."

***

"Ah, pardon me, your majesty. I was too forward." Jennette bowed Infront of the emperor. "Blessings and glory upon the obelian empire."

The ball already finished a while ago as they were just about to go home but then a certain brown haired girl approached them.

Athanasia looked at them looking nervous while Ambrosia was in Claude's arms carrying her since she had fallen asleep just a while ago.

Can't blame her, it sure was a tiring day for her. Athanasia looked at Jennette's hands holding an item that belonged to her. "Ah, I only just realized that I had lost it. Thank you for returning it to me."

"It's my pleasure." She again bowed giving the ribbon to her. "I haven't introduced myself yet."

"I'am Jennette Margarita."

"Margarita. So you're the child Alpheus has taken under his wing." He said shocking Jennette as glimpse in her eyes showed.

"Have you heard of me before?" She asked with her eyes sparkling. He hummed looking at her.

"You're quite bold, is it because you were raised by Alpheus."

"My apologies." The emperor looked at Jennette for a second then formed a little smirk in his lips which made Athanasia more nervous.

"I see." He then turned around still carrying Ambrosia. "We're leaving."

He started walking away while Felix followed but then stopped his tracks. "Athanasia, don't lag behind."

"I'm sorry." Athanasia gave Jennette her last look then followed.

"Your majesty, you seem tired, perhaps I should carry the princess and assist her to the carriage." Felix suggested smiling.

"Felix. Move 10 steps back."