Ch 31: Fever

For the past few days, Ambrosia was still stuck on her room, Lily would always check her every minute and give her, her meals while Athanasia would always visit her.

On the other hand, Claude, The emperor has no idea that his daughter is currently sick.

Athanasia her sister is currently on the boat with the others today, she really wants to join but unfortunately her sickness was restricting her.

"I want chocolate.." she cried out while her whole body is covered in blanket the only thing you can see is her head.

"Chocolates are bad for a sick person." Said by Lucas who's currently watching over her.

"It's not! It helps people heal faster." She huffed. "What are you even doing here?"

"Watching over you, isn't that obvious?" He said flicking her forehead.

"Is flicking my forehead your hobby?", She asked. "I'm sick yet you still flicked my forehead, how mean." She dramatically said making the ravenette scoffed.

"Be grateful, I only do that to you." Ambrosia looked at him deadpanning as she furrowed her eyebrow.

"What's there to be grateful of!?" She scoffed looking away.

"Those nobles from your party would probably melt by now if I did flick their forehead." Ambrosia looked at him confused.

"Why?"

"Because it would be an honor to be flicked by such a handsome magician." He proudly said smirking.

"As if, I want to join them.." she uttered thinking of an image where Athanasia and the others was happily chatting.

"Too bad, you can't." He smirked teasing her. "It's your fault why you got sicked, why did you even get sick?"

"I remember falling from the lake when me, Athy and papa went to go ride on the boat." She said recalling those tentacles. "But that was a months ago, I think?"

Lucas was about to speak not until the door creaked open revealing Athanasia holding two small boxes. "Rosia!!"

"How are you feeling?"

"Are you okay?"

"Any headaches?"

"What about stomachaches?"

"I'm feeling fine, just headaches." She chuckled then noticed the boxes she's currently holding. "What's that?"

"Oh this? Jennette gave it to me and since you're sick she asked me if I can give this to you by any chance." She said handing her the box. "It's a ribbon."

"We should wear it for the next tea party!" Athanasia recommended smiling.

"Hopefully I would be heal before the next tea party." Athanasia nodded smiling.

"Oh? You're here?" Athanasia looked at Lucas who's munching his cookies.

"What do you think of me? A clone??" He rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"What are you doing here?" Athanasia asked sitting on the edge of Ambrosia's bed.

"Watching over her, because no one would." He answered bluntly.

"Ah right, Lily is cleaning the palace with the maids." Athanasia nodded giving him a thumbs up.

"Good job! But I'm here now, so she doesn't need you anymore." She said smiling innocently.

"Yeah, alright, I'd be gone for a while." He said which caught Ambrosia and Athanasia's attention.

"Where to?" Ambrosia asked. "And why?"

"To find the sacred world tree."

***

Gasp!

"Rosia, Are you alright?" Athanasia asked worriedly, Ambrosia looked at her sister. "You're sweating."

"Is it hot?"

"No, I just had a weird dream." Athanasia looked at her worriedly.

"By the way, Lucas already left a while ago." Ambrosia looked around seeing Lucas nowhere to be found.

"Oh." Ambrosia nodded.

"Why, do you miss him already?" Athanasia smirked teasing her sister.

"No." She rolled her eyes which made Athanasia's smirk even wider.

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Really? 100% sure?"

"Yes. I told you."

"Do you miss him?"

"That's not gonna work on me, Athy." She said looking at her sister deadpanning, Athanasia pouted looking down.

"I thought it would." She sighed in defeat while Ambrosia chuckled at her. "What did you dream about anyways?"

"A very..very weird dream." Athanasia looked at her confused. "It was papa.. collapsing while.. Jennette's calling him."

"What did Jennette say?" She asked nervously. Ambrosia was nervous as well at the weird dream she had.

"She called him.."

"Father."

(Day by day my chapters keep getting shorter and shorter, I'll try my best to make it longer and all and starting for today I'll focus on the plot since Lucas is already gone, I'll focus on them once he comes back.)