Ch 41: Audience

Another day, another meeting with the emperor, Jennette looked down then at the emperor.

"Um.."

"Your majesty." The emperor looked at her humming. "By any chance.." she gulped then clenched her fist as she looked at the emperor.

"Don't you miss the princesses?" Felix who's listening on their conversation widened his eyes at the sudden question from the girl.

"I was just thinking about that."

"Huh?"

"Everyone's telling me that I loved them dearly." He said tapping his fingers. "So, I need to confirm myself."

"Excuse me, your majesty, do you really mean what you just said?" Felix asked joining their conversation. "But.. I've already sent out a search party with orders to find them."

"Felix Robane." He called.

"Yes?"

"I won't harm them anymore." He said shocking Felix. "So, search for them properly, this time."

"W-what do you mean?" Felix sweat dropped smiling.

"That's enough, you may go."

***

After the tea Jennette quickly went towards the two princess as she walks faster and faster.

"Pri-" she cut herself off shaking her head that someone might hear her if she calls them with that. "Rosia, Athy!" Both of the princess who was talking turned their head to Jennette who's smiling brightly.

"His majesty is looking for you!" She said happily dragging their hands. "We must quickly prepare and head to the palace at once!"

"Ca-calm down!" Athanasia said while Ambrosia looked at her still processing what she had just said.

"I tried talking to his majesty about the two of you." She explained. "And he ordered for the two of you to be found so that he can meet you."

"There is definitely a way for the two of you to return!" Jennette smiled brightly at them.

***

The two princess who were just in their way was now walking around outside the palace.

"Ah, I'm nervous." Rosia trembled remembering the last time they saw their father.

He tried to kill them.

"Look, it's Felix!" Athanasia said pointing at the red haired man. "Let's follow him." She smiled dragging her away behind the pole.

They quickly tip toed following behind him not until he stopped his tracks. "Who's there." He said quickly taking his sword out pointing it at their neck.

"The imperial palace isn't a place you can just-" He cut himself off turning around with his eyes wide.

"Princess?"

"Princesses!?"

"I- how did you! wait-"

He quickly took his sword out in their neck panicking that he might had scare the princesses.

"Hello, Felix." Ambrosia smiled waving. Felix crouched down as the two looked at him confused.

"Don't tell daddy."

"We snuck in."

"We just came by to see if everybody's doing well." Ambrosia said looking away.

"Princesses, his majesty misses the both of you, He had ordered everyone to bring the two of you back."

"Let's go see, his majesty." He stood up smiling. "I'll go and get permission."

Afterwards Felix came out from the room where the emperor is smiling brightly meaning that he has a good news.

"His majesty has granted us permission to recieve an audience."

"Let's go." With that he guided them inside. As they went inside the two princess were breathing heavily seeing their father sitting on the chair.

"Have..you been well?" He asked awkwardly. The two took a sit looking down.

"Your majesty."

"Leave us, Felix." He ordered.

"Your majesty, my presence will not disturb you, please allow me to stay." He pleaded.

"T-that's okay.." Athanasia uttered as Ambrosia concurred by nodding nervously.

"How...have you been lately?" He asked trying to make a conversation with them.

"We're doing fine..just wandering around lately." Ambrosia answered gulping.

"Where?"

"I just followed the mountains, the rivers...just wherever our feet took us." Athanasia then replied.

"Where did you live?"

"Typically at inns." Athanasia answered again.

"What about money?"

"We used ma-" Athanasia was about to speak not until Ambrosia nudged her arm reminding her that it's illegal and must be kept as a secret. "We managed.." she said as Ambrosia sighed in relief.

"Why..are you asking us these questions?" Ambrosia asked nervously.

"I don't know either." Ambrosia and Athanasia deadpanned at his answer. "I feel uncomfortable whenever I see the two of you."

"Whenever I see the two of you making that expressions." The two obviously felt hurt about what he said as the emperor again started having headaches.

"Da- your majesty are you alright?" Ambrosia asked worriedly. She couldn't even get closer to her father.

"Leave." He ordered. "Stay..in the emerald palace for now." Athanasia and Ambrosia quickly stood up going to Felix.

"Felix!"

"Daddy is..not alright."

"I'll take care of his majesty." He assured holding their shoulder. "For now, please return to the emerald palace." With that Felix quickly ran towards the room guiding the emperor.

"Your majesty, are you alright!?"

"Go.."

"Get her."

"You mean, Lady Margarita?" The two princess who was hiding behind the door sighed. Seeing their father seeking for someone who isn't his daughter must have hurt them so much.