Ch 56: End

"What!? Doesn't that means Jennette is in danger!?" Both of the princess shouted panicking while looking at the magician with his relaxed posture and his exquisite features.

"What is the relationship between Aeternithas and the former emperor?" Claude asked with his usual tone of voice. "Explain to me why the name of Aeternithas is being brought up here."

"The former emperor was being possessed by Aeternithas." Explained by Lucas crossing his arms together while standing beside his Ambrosia.

"Then can I assume that the same applies for that man over there?" Asked Claude looking at the inconsistent man laying on the ground.

"Yes, sire."

"What is it that connects those two?" Lucas sighed and started explaining everything to the emperor who's clueless.

"I see..I understand." He muttered, while the two princess looked at him with a smile as he finally understood the situation. "Answer me, magician."

"Yes, your majesty." Answered by Lucas as he bowed formally showing a respect.

"If Aeternithas possess a body, what happens to the victim's original personality?" He questioned, Ambrosia and Athanasia were also curious and so they waited for the warlock to answer.

"I believe.."

"That the two personalities co-exist." He answered with his calm voice. Poor Ambrosia and Athanasia, they didn't even get the chance to join their conversation.

"So it was his own volition." Claude wishpered which the three didn't hear.

"Dad, let's go! Who knows what Aeternithas will do to Jennette!" Athy exclaimed pulling Claude's arms, however Claude was too strong and heavy for Athy to pull him with all her force.

"Then, let's get going!" Ambrosia exclaimed as Athanasia and their father started walking, as she was about to follow them Lucas suddenly pulled her close into his arms.

"What?"

"Nothing, let's walk like this." He shrugged and flashed a small smile. A sincere smile, not a teasing or a sarcastic smile which made Ambrosia wonder.

"Are you sick?"

"Shut it." He huffed pulling Ambrosia away as Ambrosia let out a small whine pouting slightly.

"It was comfortable walking that way.."

After minutes of walking they reached the main hall and saw Anastacius with his daughter Jennette.

"Princess!" Jennette called however they can already tell that Jennette isn't acting like her usual self.

"I suppose he wants to put on a show?" Lucas commented bluntly before moving his fingers in motion. "Here, why don't you match him?" and in just one snap, Claude had already changed his clothes into a formal one as he took his sit on the chair facing his brother yet the distance between them is pretty far away since the table is insanely long.

"It's been a while, Claude." He smiled mischievously with a hint of excitement in his voice however his younger brother only stared at him with his usual dull eyes.

"I'm surprised you managed to survive. I hear it's all thanks to Aeternithas." Anastacius right eye twitched but still managed to keep his normal composure keeping his smile while the three behind them was only watching while being lost in thoughts.

"Call him Carax." He responded calmly.

"And which one are you right now?" The atmosphere between them was intense enough to make Lucas excited while the two princess were nervous.