Chapter 1: Volcano marshmallow fluff shake.

Reign's POV.

Rule number one: never be a wife to a boyfriend, especially a fuck boy-boyfriend.

I know a girl that does her boyfriend's laundry every weekend and he has already cheated on her twice. I mean, I don't know how blinded one can be when it comes to that word that shall not be mentioned but If I were her, I wouldn't even pick up his sock from the floor but you do you.

My mom says I only say these things about people in relationships because I've never been in a serious relationship before or experienced true love.

True love.

I'd google it if I didn't have a huge ego.

But, I'll tell you what I think about high school relationships.

They are fucked up as hell.

I see teenagers kissing in the school hall ways, hooking up at parties, feeding each other in the cafeteria and let's not forget about the drinking from the same milkshake cup bullshit that makes me wanna gouge my eyes out.

For example, I'm standing behind the counter at my work place, staring at my friends, Ariana Jackson and Garrett Christian.

A football quarterback and a cheerleader. What a cliche, I know.

They are sitting on the same side of their usual booth by the window, making out as though there aren't a bunch of people around them and to be honest, older people don't really like watching two teenagers kissing like they are about to make a baby in public. Hence why all the older folks are shooting glares in their direction but do they give a shit? No, not even a little bit.

Ariana and Garrett have been together since sophomore year and  it's been disgusting to be around them ever since.

The bell above the front door jiggles, notifying the arrival of a customer and dragging me away from Garrett and Ariana.

My eyes travel to the entrance and I release a restless sigh when my gaze lands on the two customers.

Luke Richardson and Mason Kress.

Gasoline by Halsey is playing in the shop and it's like the two assholes are walking in slow motion. I roll my eyes to the ceiling.

Kill me now.

"You're not allowed to roll your eyes at them when you're literally friends with them," my coworker Peter comes to stand beside me, bumping into my shoulder in the process.

He's right, I am friends with them.

Mason, Ariana, Garrett, Luke and myself have been friends since freshman year, long before they started participating in school activities and got super popular.

But the real question is, why am I still friends with them when I've grown to be so different from them.

I don't why, actually, I haven't figured that one out yet.

"Hey Reign, hey Peter." Mason greets the both of us with a huge smile on his face while Luke leans his arms on the counter and presses his phone, totally ignoring our mere existence.

I take it back, I'm actually not friends with Luke, he's a dick.

"Hey, Mason," I respond, leaning my elbow on the counter and letting my hand support my chin, "Heard you lost big last Friday night," I say in a teasing tone, his smile drops.

Mason is captain of the football team and losing a game is the only thing that can make him angry. Other than that, he's actually a cool cheerful dude.

"Rei, I don't like you sometimes," He shakes his head at me and I release a small laugh.