Chapter 6: Friendships can be complicated.

Warning: This story part contains mentions of suicide.

Reign's POV.

I feel something heavy pushing down against my chest, over and over again.

"C'mon, Rei." Those words are like echoes in a void where I can't seem to find the person that's desperately calling out to me.

I feel something coming back up my throat in a rush, I cough it out, fluttering my eyes open but everything is a blur and my eyes burn with water, I wipe the water out of my eyes and I see Mason, he's soaked and he drops next to me, looking relieved. My eyes shift to Ariana and Garrett, standing over my body and looking horrified.

"What happened?" I say through my breathless coughing, I feel like my lungs are being split into two by razor blades.

Luke comes rushing into the room with a towel in his hand, his eyes land on me and he releases a breath.

"Fuck," he runs a frustrated hand through his hair as he looks elsewhere then back at me.

"Why would do that?" Ariana is crying and she's hugging her body like she's at a funeral.

"Do what?" I sit up as she scoffs at my response, then I realize that I'm still in my swimsuit and it's wet and it looks like a second skin when it's wet so I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel and look so naked right now.

I snap my fingers at Luke, signaling for him to give me the towel, he holds my gaze as he drops it to his feet, more like telling me to go get it myself.

Dick.

"You're such a bitch sometimes, you know that?" Says Mason as he gets up and starts walking out of the room. His words shock me, he's never called me names before.

"Why am I a bitch and where are you going?" I ask him.

"I'm gonna go wrap my head around the fact that you just tried to kill yourself," He says, disappearing from the room.

Oh, wow.

Wait..

I jumped into the pool and didn't come back out and everything blacked out.

They think I tried to kill myself?

I laugh.

"That's ridiculous," but then again I never really told them about my phobia because I assumed it would sound ridiculous.

It is ridiculous, everyone I know loves the rain.

"I really wasn't trying to-"

"I don't know what you were thinking but, clearly, you weren't thinking, here of all places? Seriously?!" Ariana snaps at me before trudging out of the room, Garrett shakes his head at me disappointedly and follows her.

I know I wasn't trying to kill myself but I don't think she's supposed to say stuff like that to a suicidal person.

My eyes meet with Luke's across the room.

"Funny, I actually don't care what you think about this." I release an amused laugh, he doesn't hit me back with one of his comebacks.

He walks to where I'm sitting on the floor, he squats down in front of me.

"Now I know why I don't like you." He says, pointing at me.

"Oh, yeah?" I try to sound interested.

"Yeah." He nods, "but I'm not gonna tell you why."

"No?" I lazily roll my eyes.

"No, I'll save it for when you're feeling less..... suicidal," He tells me.

Seriously, what is wrong with these people?

"Careful what you say to other people, you don't know me or what I'm going through." I say to him.

"Oh, please, you're such a pathetic liar, you're not going through shit and you weren't trying to fucking kill yourself." He says that like he's calling bullshit.

It is bullshit but he's the last person that I want to admit that to, I'd rather he buys the suicide story.

"Again, you know nothing about me." I shake my head, staring into his eyes.

"Oh but I do know you and you're a lot of things but suicidal isn't one of them." He shakes his head, his eyes boring into mine, I look away, standing up.

He raises his gaze to my height, rising an unwanted heat to my skin, he stands, hovering over me.

"Why did you really jump in the pool?" He asks like I'm transparent and he can see right through me. I feel like he just let himself inside my head without my permission, like he can actually read my thoughts.

For some reason, that makes me angry.

Why him? Why can't it be my mom?

"Fuck off, Richardson," I shove his chest, trying to walk passed him but he grabs both my wrists against his chest.

"Reign, I'm actually being nice to you for once," It's a warning, "Answer the question."

"I was drunk and I suddenly forgot how to swim, does that answer your question?" I pull my arms but his grip is firm.

"You don't get it, do you? You can't fucking lie to me," that sounded like a reminder.

"Fucking let me go." I demand, trying to free my hands, he frees my hands and I don't know why but I slap him which makes him roll his eyes at me, his jaw ticking.

He looks at me and stares with a straight face, looking all serious.

"Unlike me, they actually give a shit about you, Reign, stop trying to push them away or whatever the fuck that was, just try to be a good fucking friend for once in your life." He turns to leave.

"You know nothing about me." I say in a whisper, more like convincing myself.

"Heard you the first time," He responds while walking out of the room.

Friendships can be complicated but this friendship is a lot of things, things that I don't want in my life right now because I already have a lot on my plate.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope this incidence draws a distance between me and them. This friendship fell apart a long time ago, now it's just nothing but fake smiles and all that bullshit.

I move to grab the towel from the floor, wrapping it around my body.

I look out the glass doors and I jump at the flash of lightning and thunder.

Rainstorms are so mean.