Chapter 48: Possessive Much?

Reign's POV.

Math's a bitch.

I shut my geometry book, leaning back in my chair and checking the time on my phone.

Ten PM.

Damn, I've been fighting with these numbers for three whole hours?

I stand, stretching my arms and heading out of my room.

I quietly walk down the stairs, sauntering to the kitchen. I pour myself a glass of water, downing it in a go and placing the glass on the counter, surveying the quiet kitchen.

I leave the glass in the sink and I head back to my bedroom, I climb the stairs while twisting my neck, easing the ache in the back.

I open my bedroom door and almost jump when I find someone sitting on my bed.

My hand flies to my chest, feeling the aftermath of the massive jump my heart made.

I flutter my eyes at him. At Luke.

He looks at me, not saying anything.

I slowly enter the room, closing the door behind me and not really knowing what to do or say next.

His eyes drop to the t-shirt I'm wearing, I also look down.

Shit.

I awkwardly cross my hands over my chest when I realize that I'm wearing his t-shirt, the one that has his last name printed on it.

Don't judge me, it was just a random pick, plus, it smelled like him.

I see him plaster a small smile, he gets rid of it pretty quickly but I still saw it.

I walk over to him, sitting with him on my bed but leaving some space between us.

"Hey," he greets.

"Hi." I bite down my smile.

I don't know why he's here but it definitely feels surreal, I was positive that he was never going to speak to me again.

"I have to tell you something." He sounds serious.

Please don't tell me you slept with someone else, please don't tell me you slept with someone else.

"Okay." I fidget, feeling my heart beating in my throat like the last time I talked to him.

"It's about your Dad." He swallows.

"My Dad?" I snap my brows together, sounding confused. He nods.

"Yeah, so uh," He scratches the back of his head, "I heard my Dad say he helped take your Dad to prison." He says.

"What?" I half laugh, thinking it's some kind of joke but his serious face doesn't break.

"Have you ever heard of a man called Ruben Ramirez?" He asks.

"Yeah, he was my Dad's friend, he used to come over every Sunday," I smile at the memory of the man, "Why?"

"I did a little research and Ruben and your father had a business idea worth millions, Ruben didn't feel like sharing that kind of money with your Dad so he took him out of the picture.... with my Dad's help." He adds hesitantly.

My heart burns, my knees become weak and my brain becomes foggy. Everything is spinning which makes me feel like vomiting.

"Luke, what are you saying?" My voice sounds brittle.

He closes the space between us, taking my hand in his, interlocking our fingers and staring into my eyes.

"I'm saying Ruben Ramirez was a money hungry asshole and I'm saying that your father was innocent, he is innocent." He says, the word innocent pierces through my chest, it rips me open and makes me bleed out.